★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: BBQ Pro: BBQ Simulation Game (now free)

01-23-2009, 10:31 PM
BBQ Pro: BBQ Simulation Game (now free)

US App store link

Hi all,
I'll like to tell you guys about BBQ Pro, a meat grilling simulation game that I made with a couple of artist friends.
We made this on our weekends because we love cooking sims, BBQs and our iphones Check out the gameplay video on youtube.

BTW, it's selling right now with an intro price of $0.99, price will go up after about a week.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by salsamd; 01-24-2009 at 12:31 AM.
01-23-2009, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by katte View Post
Hi all,
I'll like to tell you guys about BBQ Pro, a meat grilling simulation game that I made with a couple of artist friends.
We made this on our weekends because we love cooking sims, BBQs and our iphones. Check out the gameplay video on youtube.

Youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iioB1LG2KQQ

US App store link:
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=302965640&mt=8

Are there flame effects that leave grill marks on the screen that you have to wipe off? That would be insane!

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!

Last edited by salsamd; 01-23-2009 at 11:16 PM. Reason: typo

01-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
OMG!

this is VERY ironic... this is EXACTLY the game i would have made if i got the tools. looks really nice!

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **

Last edited by salsamd; 01-23-2009 at 11:16 PM. Reason: typo
01-23-2009, 11:36 PM
Send a message via AIM to s0mah Send a message via Yahoo to s0mah
Purchased. I'll review later if anyone wants. I don't have time to even play atm.

twitter @ here
teh myspace @ &here
01-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Yum! Yum! Yum!

Nice concept, but watching the video alone made me hungry; the actual game would be unbearable!

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
01-24-2009, 12:44 AM
Send a message via AIM to s0mah Send a message via Yahoo to s0mah
Kk.

I've played the game for a few and then watched my gf play for a little more; we both decided that it was a pretty fun app.

The game play is easy. You chuck pieces of food unto a grill and BBQ until the food turns brown. You flip the food w/ taps and when both sides are done, you fling it off the grill. You get scored based upon the quality of your cooking and after enough points you progress to the next level. As you go through the game, you get different food types to cook (w/ varying BBQing times). My gf got to steak.

If you watch the video, you will instantly understand the gameplay. So much so, that you will probably regret wasting your time by reading my synapsis.

You'll never get those seconds back.

Anyways, the graphics are nice and the sounds are well done. Again, you get exactly what you see in the youtube clip.

I'm sure some of the cheapskates will beg for a lite version, but the game doesn't need one. You can figure out whether or not you'll find enjoyment by watching the clip. imho, the game is fun and a good value.

Pick it up if you are in the mood for something clever and different.

twitter @ here
teh myspace @ &here
01-24-2009, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the review!
Did you try the 'Grill to Order' mode as well? This didn't make it into the gameplay video, it's a bit more challenging to play in that you have to grill a food item to match a picture on the top right corner, definitely takes a bit more time to get to the higher levels.
01-24-2009, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0mah View Post
Kk.

I've played the game for a few and then watched my gf play for a little more; we both decided that it was a pretty fun app.

The game play is easy. You chuck pieces of food unto a grill and BBQ until the food turns brown. You flip the food w/ taps and when both sides are done, you fling it off the grill. You get scored based upon the quality of your cooking and after enough points you progress to the next level. As you go through the game, you get different food types to cook (w/ varying BBQing times). My gf got to steak.

If you watch the video, you will instantly understand the gameplay. So much so, that you will probably regret wasting your time by reading my synapsis.

You'll never get those seconds back.

Anyways, the graphics are nice and the sounds are well done. Again, you get exactly what you see in the youtube clip.

I'm sure some of the cheapskates will beg for a lite version, but the game doesn't need one. You can figure out whether or not you'll find enjoyment by watching the clip. imho, the game is fun and a good value.

Pick it up if you are in the mood for something clever and different.
I like what-you-see-is-what-you-get games. They are the most inventive and fun. Definitely will pick this up!

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!
01-24-2009, 09:14 AM
i will never buy that kind of game
01-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pante View Post
i will never buy that kind of game
Why not? You get to grill meat!