★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Deleting apps

01-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Deleting apps

I currently have 2.5 gbs of apps on my ipod touch. Now I know some of you probably have much more than that, but I want to keep space available for music.

If I delete apps from itunes and sync my device, erasing them completely. Can I go back later and add them again? I don't feel comfortable deleting stuff I've paid for but want to clear up that space on my ipod.
01-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neehan View Post
I currently have 2.5 gbs of apps on my ipod touch. Now I know some of you probably have much more than that, but I want to keep space available for music.

If I delete apps from itunes and sync my device, erasing them completely. Can I go back later and add them again? I don't feel comfortable deleting stuff I've paid for but want to clear up that space on my ipod.
yep also, you can keep them on your computer without them syncing to your ipod always

The Life Blog
Minecraft

01-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Quote:

you can delete stuff from your ipod and it will remain on your itunes library. never ever ever ever ever delete anything from your library unless you never ever ever ever ever want to see it again (or you could just re-download it for free)
01-20-2010, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The prez 12521 View Post
yep also, you can keep them on your computer without them syncing to your ipod always
Keep in mind, saved data will be deleted along with the apps. You can recover the games, but not the data.
01-20-2010, 09:57 PM
The reason I want to delete from my itunes is because I thought when you delete from your ipod the application is still on there taking up space just the icon does not show up.
01-20-2010, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmonkey101 View Post
(or you could just re-download it for free)
Fair warning: That only works as long as the developer maintains their Apple Developer account. If they allow their account to expire or Apple pulls the title, you won't be able to redownload it. So keep a backup in your iTunes.
01-20-2010, 10:03 PM
How do I clear the space without deleting from my itunes?
01-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Quote:
The reason I want to delete from my itunes is because I thought when you delete from your ipod the application is still on there taking up space just the icon does not show up.
You got alot of imagination

Last edited by da shiz wiz 19; Today at 10:23 PM. Reason: dammit gadm
Plus+ ID/OP/Xbox and all online stuff: Gadm
01-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadm View Post
You got alot of imagination
well it is freaky, with a couple clicks a 622 mbapp can go away in .5 a second.

The Life Blog
Minecraft
01-20-2010, 10:48 PM
Quote:
How do I clear the space without deleting from my itunes?
Just hold any app on your ipod and wait for the apps to shake (you'll know when you see it) and just press the x button, this won't delete the apps from your computer, but make sure you backup your ipod by plugging it into your PC, so you won't loose any saved data.

Upcoming iPhone Games: World of Midgard,Paper Monsters, LostWinds,The First Attempt,Blade Slinger, Kale in Dinoland, Prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerzack1 View Post
the psp sucks it has dumb games the nintendo ds is so much better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Dumb people are dumb.