★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Shane Guay
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 4.7 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Review:
"I would recommend this to anyone who loves a good challenge." - theportablegamer.com

"Mine Blast is definitely a gem among the many puzzle games in the App Store." - SmartPhoneTechZone.com

"If all games on the AppStore were this polished it would be much harder to decide what to buy and what to ignore." - associatedcontent.com

A HIGHLY ADDICTIVE AND CHALLENGING THINKING GAME!!

Mine Blast puts you in the role of miner who is charged with extracting valuable gems. Unfortunately all they gave you are explosives!

Described as a unique and devilishly addicting puzzle game that requires some good tactical thought.

FEATURES
- 6 challenging mines.
- Each mine introduces NEW challenges.
- OVER 210+ pits to excavate.
- Unlocks new bombs.
- Unlock new gems to excavate.

Each pit presents you with an assortment of gems that are embedded within wall. Your job is to place the available bombs in such a manner that when they explode that all the gems will be dislodged. Too many blasts and you may destroy the gems, too few blasts and they will stay stuck within the pit. A different challenge awaits within each pit.

Can you free all of the gems and complete the pit. Collect enough gems and open up new mines.

Each mine offers a different set of challenges and options to solve.

For help and pit solutions go to games.shaneguay.com

For support email support@shaneguay.com

Gameplay promo: www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUQwSORLcM

shaneguay's comments:
Hi Guys/Gals,

Just wanted to announce that we recently released (and just approved) a new game called 'Mine Blast'.

It's a very unique, logical thinking game involving the placement of dynamite sticks and bundles to dislodge gems.

If you would like to try it, it can be found at this itunes link:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mine-blast/id351061487?mt=8

There is also a promo video and web site that we created in order to give you a feel of it at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUQwSORLcM
http://games.shaneguay.com

I'm the developer for this game and have included 5 free promo codes for anybody who would like to try it.

Would definitely love any feedback and thoughts...

Thanks a bunch,

promo codes
=========
KKFNJLJTARL6
7FY74RWEJJJF
RXTHHTFRYFKH
KJMPER3WTW49
HE3AH36PF6NW
01-20-2010, 10:33 PM
thanks i got KKFNJLJTARL6

01-20-2010, 10:37 PM
looks interesting

Last edited by goiMot; 01-20-2010 at 10:39 PM.
01-20-2010, 11:40 PM
Just thought i'd post this interesting article, while it does mention 'Mine Blast' it does encourage all the indie 'garage-developers' out there to give it a go...

http://mudelta.wordpress.com/2010/01...-entrepreneur/
01-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Hi im fairly new and not sure how to use a promo code can someone explain to me how cause id like to try this game out
01-21-2010, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanfstew77 View Post
Hi im fairly new and not sure how to use a promo code can someone explain to me how cause id like to try this game out
Well, the first thing you need to do is to show up within the first two minutes of a promo code being published, rather then 90 minutes later.

Michael
01-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Very cool type of puzzle game. I really like the cartoon style graphics and the animations. The game is alot of fun and it has an impressive amount of levels. Game rules are very simple but its a really great challenge.
01-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Game Impressions

Been playing this for a few hours now, and I am impressed. I like the cartoonish feel to it. The help was very useful. Unlocked the second mine but still trying to complete all the levels in the first! Stay tuned for progress!
01-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Excellent game. Very well done.

One small suggestion. Instead of constantly having to drag a bomb up from the bottom of the scree, how about make it so that you can select one of the mine types from the bottom and then just tap to place it. It would be much tap-tap-tap is easier then drag-drag-drag.

In any case, great job.
01-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Howdy,

Thanks for kudos, much appreciated!

I like hearing any suggestions and will try your suggestion out in one of our builds (its actually pretty easy to modify that particular mechanic) and will let some of my QA guys try it out and see how it works

Thanks again