★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Armin Gessert's Giana Sisters iPhone

01-21-2010, 09:39 AM
Armin Gessert's Giana Sisters iPhone

Hey,

very soon, maybe even late january, Giana Sisters iPhone will be released, including all 32 retro levels and 80 new levels. OpenFeint is also included.

Preview-Video

01-21-2010, 09:46 AM

01-21-2010, 09:47 AM
Wow, very cool looking.
01-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
Wow, very cool looking.
Agreed. There's a lot of Mario in there, but it seems to have a personality of it's own. Seems like the content and controls are there as well.

Last edited by squarezero; 01-21-2010 at 10:29 AM.
01-21-2010, 09:57 AM
Can't wait for this one! I have fond memories of the Amiga version and Master Huelsbeck's all-time-classic composition..

ZombieSmash! - The Game that Splatters! - OUT NOW! Twitter - Blog - Facebook - Get it on iTunes
#1 Paid App in the US and many other countries!
01-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Very cool! I would get this instantly. I know people actually try to collect this game since it was pulled because of Nintendo. The original actually says on it - "the brothers are history." Nintendo didn't take too kindly to that. I think they mended fences though because in at least some regions there is/was a DS version.
01-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
Very cool! I would get this instantly. I know people actually try to collect this game since it was pulled because of Nintendo. The original actually says on it - "the brothers are history." Nintendo didn't take too kindly to that. I think they mended fences though because in at least some regions there is/was a DS version.
Actually, from the video it looks like this is a port of the DS version. Gotta love the music!
01-21-2010, 11:01 AM
LOVE IT! Instabuy for me too

The way the enemies die when she jumps on them looks a bit weird though. I don't know why it just seems like lacking something.

Or maybe I just had too much time with Mario and expect the enemy to somehow goes flat or fall off the screen.

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
01-21-2010, 11:25 AM
This game is a really cool platformer. i have it on the ds and from the looks of it, this is just a port. a great game, though i do prefer soosiz.

those of you that said this is like mario, you'd be right. the first giana sisters came out on the NES and was a near exact clone of super mario bros (cept the characters). the game was quickly removed from stores. this version is good and different though

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
01-21-2010, 12:26 PM
This is certainly capturing the essence of the original and taking it further away from what had it removed from the shelves. I never did play the original version of it, however I had loads of fun with the port for Commodore 64. There are details that makes this game stand out, and I can see it all replicated in this title. Its too bad that the original music isn't there, but there is enough of a bridge between the new and old for it not destroy the atmosphere. Most likely a release day buy for me.

Looking forward to it.

Artist/Designer | Dodo Domination Team
Recently released: Grokion: Inception
Twitter: http://twitter.com/jonnyree