★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Not interested in Final Fantasy 1.. and omg 2!

01-22-2010, 06:15 AM
Not interested in Final Fantasy 1.. and omg 2!

Maybe like 5 years ago this would have been like, Oh sweet classic FF 1 and 2.. I have literally no interest in these dinosaur games.. I know some games made an appearance (earthworm jim, Sonic which I almost loved but it failed to work well)

I mean, it just seems to me that FF 1 and 2 (which I have not played) have stories that cant touch anything out today.. ancient evil, good guys, cmon gonna need a story-telling game that isnt that basic.. feel free to eluminate me on how good the story is.
01-22-2010, 08:27 AM
Ancient evil and good guys, isnít that the story George Bush told the world?

Regarding the story of the first I think 3 FF games: Itís always a group of young people following the path to find some crystals and bring back the light. Or so . I enjoyed FFIII on the DS version. Itís not the story, but the presentation of the story, the music, the graphical style, the cutscenes. Even the opening scenes are fascinating.

DS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cySEm8V2R3Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzr2C7GotBU

PSP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzHVzUY9Z7k

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de

01-22-2010, 08:39 AM
Agreed...I saw the front page article, and yawned.....bring me FFV or FFVI.

My friend said to me, "I think the weather's trippy." I said, "No, man, it's not the weather that's trippy, perhaps it is the way that we perceive it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought, "Man, I should've just said, 'Yeah."CS.one R3DC3ll Faction-Join us or die...proud member of TheBeastlyNinja Epic-uber elite comedy crew
01-22-2010, 08:47 AM
Don't you realize this is great news? You have to start small and if people like FF1 and 2, then he'll continue to make more games.

OMG. Double Rainbow!
User ID: Gryphon23 Agon: Gman23
"Birthday Cake, is just Birthday Cake without a little gravy..." Gravy makes EVERYTHING better.
01-22-2010, 09:01 AM
Sadly the super boring ancient evil vs good is still used widely in many RPGs in AppStore. For me they're all sterile and just jRPGs wannabe.

I'm not too excited with FF1 and FF2 either, but you shouldn't be too literal. Think of it as a stepping stone to something bigger in the future. Just see how Payback and CJS paved way for the real GTA to AppStore, I wish FF1 and FF2 will also pave way for FF3 and 4 remakes to the iPhone.

FF6 and 7 would be even sweeter!!

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
01-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon23 View Post
Don't you realize this is great news? You have to start small and if people like FF1 and 2, then he'll continue to make more games.
thinking FF1 and 2 are a little dated for this 'test the waters' scheme
01-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidshaman View Post
thinking FF1 and 2 are a little dated for this 'test the waters' scheme
Yep....didn't really start liking FF till I played FF6. Final fantasy 5 is decent, but I'll only be getting truely pumped when I see 6 planned for release.

My friend said to me, "I think the weather's trippy." I said, "No, man, it's not the weather that's trippy, perhaps it is the way that we perceive it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought, "Man, I should've just said, 'Yeah."CS.one R3DC3ll Faction-Join us or die...proud member of TheBeastlyNinja Epic-uber elite comedy crew
01-22-2010, 09:53 AM
yea, i just feel like I am not remotely interested in such an old title, will they see my missing purchase as a sign that their games wont sell?

Id pick up a new, or semi-new game in a heartbeat.. but 1 & 2, I dont want that, but I dont want my lack of interest to help foster some idea that the iPhone isnt a good place for NEW Final Fantasy games (which it is)...

I mean you think they could give the phone something newer than 1 & 2 atleast... it can handle WAAAY more than those simple games.
01-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Well I'm definitely not biased towards the games because of their age, as I have many games on my ipod with older gameplay then these. But I just ALWAYS felt FFI and II were very bland, and boring. So frankly I have no interest now, in a game I didn't like then.

01-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Why would you want to start a topic and talk about something that bores you? You're freakin' weird.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ