★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iShoot 2 Developer Diary

01-22-2010, 01:55 PM
#1
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4
iShoot 2 Developer Diary

Work on iShoot 2 has started! I just posted Developer Diary #1, in case you're interested in seeing a teaser of the new artwork. I'll be posting more soon.

Edit: Developer Diary 2 is up, with a discussion of the new weapons system.

Last edited by EthanNicholas; 02-04-2010 at 02:38 PM.
01-22-2010, 02:06 PM
#2
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: the 56th realm of existence
Posts: 5,948
do you think this one will have as much success as it's predecssor?

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.

01-22-2010, 02:13 PM
#3
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
do you think this one will have as much success as it's predecssor?
Well, obviously it would be nice if it did, but I'm certainly not counting on it. iShoot has currently made around $1.1 million; iShoot 2 could make a fraction of that and still turn a nice profit. I think it's going to be a good game and it certainly will get a lot of press and name recognition, plus the captive audience of current iShoot users finding out about it... with all that, I don't think it's unreasonable to hope for at least a quarter of what iShoot made.
01-22-2010, 02:13 PM
#4
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 771
YES! iShoot 1 was great, can't wait for 2!

Twitter Tumblr

Game Center ID: mvanbeem
01-22-2010, 03:01 PM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
do you think this one will have as much success as it's predecssor?
I bet it could. Rope'n'fly was popular, rope'n'fly 2 has also had tons of success. Merely being named "ishoot 2" will boost visibilty a lot.
01-22-2010, 03:37 PM
#6
@ethan, as long as u put online playing and chat ( voice chat or just a sort of typing chat would be fine) it will be an instant buy for me!


ps- here are some ideas, if you do make online, try and make the online system a little variaty like how eliminate did it, where u can invite friends to do matches, there is a lobby, stuff like that, WE BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01-22-2010, 03:39 PM
#7
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,791
i bought rope n fly 2. i really wish it had better swing physics.. i know im probably the only who thinks this way.. but i kept wanting to swing like spider man.. anyhow.. give it a go.. ishoot 2 should work.

online play.. capture the flag pls.

chris.
01-22-2010, 04:36 PM
#8
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: the 56th realm of existence
Posts: 5,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanNicholas View Post
Well, obviously it would be nice if it did, but I'm certainly not counting on it. iShoot has currently made around $1.1 million; iShoot 2 could make a fraction of that and still turn a nice profit. I think it's going to be a good game and it certainly will get a lot of press and name recognition, plus the captive audience of current iShoot users finding out about it... with all that, I don't think it's unreasonable to hope for at least a quarter of what iShoot made.
wow... million dollar app...

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
01-22-2010, 04:44 PM
#9
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid187 View Post
i bought rope n fly 2. i really wish it had better swing physics.. i know im probably the only who thinks this way.. but i kept wanting to swing like spider man.. anyhow.. give it a go.. ishoot 2 should work.

online play.. capture the flag pls.

chris.
Offtopic: I don't like Rope 'n' Fly 2 at all. Rope Raider is much better.

Twitter Tumblr

Game Center ID: mvanbeem
01-22-2010, 04:45 PM
#10
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Super Earth - Our Home.
Posts: 5,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanNicholas View Post
Well, obviously it would be nice if it did, but I'm certainly not counting on it. iShoot has currently made around $1.1 million; iShoot 2 could make a fraction of that and still turn a nice profit. I think it's going to be a good game and it certainly will get a lot of press and name recognition, plus the captive audience of current iShoot users finding out about it... with all that, I don't think it's unreasonable to hope for at least a quarter of what iShoot made.
just make the graphics alot better (effects) and I'll definetly buy it!