★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iShoot 2 Developer Diary

01-22-2010, 01:55 PM
iShoot 2 Developer Diary

Work on iShoot 2 has started! I just posted Developer Diary #1, in case you're interested in seeing a teaser of the new artwork. I'll be posting more soon.

Edit: Developer Diary 2 is up, with a discussion of the new weapons system.

Last edited by EthanNicholas; 02-04-2010 at 02:38 PM.
01-22-2010, 02:06 PM
do you think this one will have as much success as it's predecssor?

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.

01-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
Well, obviously it would be nice if it did, but I'm certainly not counting on it. iShoot has currently made around $1.1 million; iShoot 2 could make a fraction of that and still turn a nice profit. I think it's going to be a good game and it certainly will get a lot of press and name recognition, plus the captive audience of current iShoot users finding out about it... with all that, I don't think it's unreasonable to hope for at least a quarter of what iShoot made.
01-22-2010, 02:13 PM
YES! iShoot 1 was great, can't wait for 2!

Twitter Tumblr

Game Center ID: mvanbeem
01-22-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
I bet it could. Rope'n'fly was popular, rope'n'fly 2 has also had tons of success. Merely being named "ishoot 2" will boost visibilty a lot.
01-22-2010, 03:37 PM
@ethan, as long as u put online playing and chat ( voice chat or just a sort of typing chat would be fine) it will be an instant buy for me!

ps- here are some ideas, if you do make online, try and make the online system a little variaty like how eliminate did it, where u can invite friends to do matches, there is a lobby, stuff like that, WE BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01-22-2010, 03:39 PM
i bought rope n fly 2. i really wish it had better swing physics.. i know im probably the only who thinks this way.. but i kept wanting to swing like spider man.. anyhow.. give it a go.. ishoot 2 should work.

online play.. capture the flag pls.

chris.
01-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanNicholas View Post
Well, obviously it would be nice if it did, but I'm certainly not counting on it. iShoot has currently made around $1.1 million; iShoot 2 could make a fraction of that and still turn a nice profit. I think it's going to be a good game and it certainly will get a lot of press and name recognition, plus the captive audience of current iShoot users finding out about it... with all that, I don't think it's unreasonable to hope for at least a quarter of what iShoot made.
wow... million dollar app...

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
01-22-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid187 View Post
i bought rope n fly 2. i really wish it had better swing physics.. i know im probably the only who thinks this way.. but i kept wanting to swing like spider man.. anyhow.. give it a go.. ishoot 2 should work.

online play.. capture the flag pls.

chris.
Offtopic: I don't like Rope 'n' Fly 2 at all. Rope Raider is much better.

Twitter Tumblr

Game Center ID: mvanbeem
01-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanNicholas View Post
just make the graphics alot better (effects) and I'll definetly buy it!