★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Fantastic Contraptions Solutions & Creations - SPOILERS INSIDE

01-24-2009, 05:09 PM
#1
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,652
Fantastic Contraptions Solutions & Creations - SPOILERS INSIDE

Discuss cool contraptions and levels that you've made...I know there's already a thread, but post solutions and stuff in this one.

My super catapult .
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	898

Horrible resolution video!

Youtube link | Pop Up

 /l、
(゚、
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Inconspicuous Group Cat?

Last edited by Mew2468; 01-24-2009 at 05:31 PM.
01-24-2009, 05:10 PM
#2
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,866
Then you should probably contact a mod so they can add a spoiler warning in the title and rename the thread entirely.

You make it sound as if this is the official place to discuss the game; only.. that's what the original thread is for.

How about Fantastic Contraptions solutions & creations - SPOILERS INSIDE, that seems more suitable.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc

01-24-2009, 05:10 PM
#3
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: San Pedro (Port of Los Angeles), California, USA
Posts: 823
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
just downloaded this game and can't wait to play it later (after i play or beat some of the many other games i purchased x_X )


can you post a video of your contraption in action ?

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !
01-24-2009, 05:12 PM
#4
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
Then you should probably contact a mod so they can add a spoiler warning in the title and rename the thread entirely.

You make it sound as if this is the official place to discuss the game; only.. that's what the original thread is for.

How about Fantastic Contraptions solutions & creations - SPOILERS INSIDE?
Good idea. *Changes Title*

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce25r624 View Post
just downloaded this game and can't wait to play it later (after i play or beat some of the many other games i purchased x_X )


can you post a video of your contraption in action ?
I'll go record a video.

 /l、
(゚、
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Inconspicuous Group Cat?
01-24-2009, 05:14 PM
#5
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 301
A downfall in this game is that just like in crayon physics (You can spawn the ball in a basket, connect a line over the top so the ball cant fall out), there is a way of beating every level extremely easily (In this game it's by using a catapult)
01-24-2009, 05:17 PM
#6
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew2468 View Post
Good idea. *Changes Title*
Had no idea thread creators could edit titles themselves; I wonder why other people sometimes have problems with that.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
01-24-2009, 05:24 PM
#7
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubit86 View Post
A downfall in this game is that just like in crayon physics (You can spawn the ball in a basket, connect a line over the top so the ball cant fall out), there is a way of beating every level extremely easily (In this game it's by using a catapult)
Very true...although it is slightly more difficult. Pulley system takes almost no trial or error, but in this game, catapults take a lot of tweaking to get the trajectory right.

 /l、
(゚、
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Inconspicuous Group Cat?
01-24-2009, 05:44 PM
#8
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Rapture. It sucks.
Posts: 414
It's still a great game no matter how easy it is to use a catapault. Try to find a solution without cheating or try to beat the level "Tube" using a catapault.