★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: R.I.P - new game (?)

01-24-2009, 05:15 PM
R.I.P - new game (?)

http://toucharcade.com/link/http://p...303104229&mt=8

Is this an actual game, or just a walking simulation like that other app that came out a few day ago? Anyone want to TOFTT?
01-24-2009, 05:19 PM
It would be way cooler if they had things jump out and scare you, but not really attack. It could add alot to the game, right now it looks kinda boring

Cobalt and Calcium- THE Coheed and Cambria fansite- NEW ALBUM COMING SOON!!!!

Waiting for- Bioshock, NHL 10, FIFA 10, Guerrilla Bob, NOVA, Sketch Nation

01-24-2009, 05:23 PM
I can almost hear Pac-Man music when I look at the 5th screenshot.
01-24-2009, 07:22 PM
I'm tempted to, but that would be the last $2 of my giftcard
01-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubit86 View Post
Anyone want to TOFTT?
Just a quick off topic, what is "TOFTT"?

Nick Gravelyn
twitter.com/nickgravelyn - twitter.com/metacreature
Metacreature Games: Juggler - Juggler Free - Flip 3
Metacreature Apps: PhotoTalk
01-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaNick View Post
Just a quick off topic, what is "TOFTT"?
A temporary fad; it stands for "Take One For The Team", which are a group of people that will volunteer to buy questionable games (no video, lots of unknowns) to see if they are any good. People have been doing this for years of course, but now a generic name (saying really) has been placed to it and a clique has been made.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
01-24-2009, 09:05 PM
I wouldn't recommend buying it. The graphics are ok, but definately weak in comparrison to 3DWorld, which is a similar game... the only difference is that with R.I.P you have a goal, to find the gravestone with R.I.P on it. The game is VERY short, I found the grave within 10 seconds on my first try. The grave does seem to appear in random places for each session, but it's the same, small graveyard. Controls are also awkward, you have to hold your thumb on the top of the screen to go forward which leaves you thumb blocking the screen. There's also no music, just ghostly sounds, and yes, they do look like they escaped from Pac-Man.

Overall I would say that the 'game' isn't worth the price. Stick with 3DWorld for now... it's basically the same game. It may not have a 'goal' but at least it looks and controls great.
01-24-2009, 10:01 PM
Thanks for letting us know about this K.D!... I was thinking that this was going to be a TOFTT call and when I got back on line there is was. The game looked very much like a "tweener" (could go either way between good or bad). Thanks for letting us know the scoop. I might have to try out 3DWorld now.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
01-24-2009, 11:17 PM
This and 3d world seem more like tech demos to me...

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Solomon's Keep | Endless Depths | Tallowmere
Now Playing: Dungeons of Chaos UNITY EDITION | Siralim 2
01-25-2009, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorlen View Post
This and 3d world seem more like tech demos to me...
Yeah, you're exactly right. 3DWorld is definately interesting though on that it goes a long way into showing just how well an FPS can work on the iPhone/iTouch.