★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

GTA Chinatown Wars: [Now available in most countries]

01-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Send a message via MSN to Sierra275
GTA Chinatown Wars: [Now available in most countries]

Hello all,

I've been eagerly anticipating having GTA Chinatown Wars in my iTouch, only to have it still unavailable a week after release in Singapore. Are any of you having this problem with your own countries? And do any Singaporeans have any information? Because my current hypothesis is that the censorship boards are acting up again, but I really doubt it because I've seen big ads for the PSP version on bus stations. I'm not really in touch with the news lately, because I've been on a school trip in a place void of internet. So, does anyone have any info on the situation, or is it just never coming to Singapore? If that's the case, then I'm going to jailbreak.

Sierra275 on Gameloft Live, Openfeint, Gamecenter, and most other social gaming networks on the iTouch.

Last edited by Sierra275; 01-22-2010 at 09:29 PM.
01-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra275 View Post
Hello all,

I've been eagerly anticipating having GTA Chinatown Wars in my iTouch, only to have it still unavailable a week after release in Singapore. Are any of you having this problem with your own countries? And do any Singaporeans have any information? Because my current hypothesis is that the censorship boards are acting up again, but I really doubt it because I've seen big ads for the PSP version on bus stations. I'm not really in touch with the news lately, because I've been on a school trip in a place void of internet. So, does anyone have any info on the situation, or is it just never coming to Singapore? If that's the case, then I'm going to jailbreak.
According to Rockstar there are working on making it available on all countries since the Regional laws are different.

01-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Oh okay thanks. Another reason to hate singapore.

Sierra275 on Gameloft Live, Openfeint, Gamecenter, and most other social gaming networks on the iTouch.
01-22-2010, 09:43 PM
dont hate "sing" "a" "pore"() made a funny joke i think...
01-22-2010, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Oh okay thanks. Another reason to hate singapore.
I love Singapore, clean streets, courteous people a direct contrast to NYC.
01-22-2010, 09:50 PM
let me make a correction: another reason to hate the government. but courteous people? definitely not. you should see the disgustingly selfish behavior when the train comes.

01-22-2010, 09:53 PM
your country is stupid
01-22-2010, 09:55 PM
Yah I know. I live here.

If it's being advertised openly for the PSP, then the regional laws can't possibly be platform biased, right?

01-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Hello all,

Hello. I am from Singapore, and a big fan of Grand Theft Auto and the iPhone. The release of Chinatown Wars on the iPhone has interested me greatly ever since they announced it about September last year, and while I also bought both the DS and PSP versions, I would also like to support Rockstar a third time by buying it off the iTunes store. It is a great game and I feel the sales do not live up to it.

However, as we should already know, Beaterator was also not released in the SG iTunes Store region. Rockstar claims it is due to regional laws - http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...diego_and_more. Right now it is only available in US, Europe and Australia.

It won't come so soon, so you probably should jailbreak, as I have done so. You should jailbreak to 3.1.2 via blackra1n - that should do the trick.

It's good to know there's another Singaporean out there on the same boat! I hope they release it on our regional store soon so we don't have to resort to piracy, really.
01-22-2010, 10:12 PM
Haha yup. Good to know I'm not the only one. But I'm wondering, how are they having problems with regional laws if their ads for chinatown wars for the PSP are all over the bus stops?