★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Artifice Strategy game released today

01-25-2009, 08:13 AM
Artifice Strategy game released today

I am the developer of a new free game that just went into the app store today. Here is a short description and the appstore link.

Outwit your opponent in this unique strategy game. Shift columns in a grid in an attempt to get all your players to the opposite side of the board before your opponent.

Artifice App store link

kwigbo.com - iPhone dev blog with code snippets and more.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
iReviewFail.com Funny reviews from the iOS App Store
01-25-2009, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwigbo View Post
I am the developer of a new free game that just went into the app store today. Here is a short description and the appstore link.

Outwit your opponent in this unique strategy game. Shift columns in a grid in an attempt to get all your players to the opposite side of the board before your opponent.

Artifice App store link
D/L now. A review shall be posted here shortly.

UPDATE: Artifice is a unique strategy game. Read above for the description. For the intro. price of free, it's worth it. Often times I had trouble moving certain boxes. Other than those few boxes, everything worked very well. Graphically the sprites are well done and the game runs smoothly. It's definitely challenging and not hard to let some opponents slip by. Complete with multiplayer, Artifice is a full package.

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!

Last edited by DHrox; 01-25-2009 at 08:34 AM.

01-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHrox View Post
Often times I had trouble moving certain boxes. Other than those few boxes, everything worked very well.
What boxes did you have trouble moving?

01-25-2009, 12:23 PM
Quote:
What boxes did you have trouble moving?
It was the lower left ones. I don't remember exactly which ones they were though since the movable box choices frequently change (I like that part.) Still will be worth it even if it's not free.

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!
01-25-2009, 12:40 PM
I like this game a lot, but the AI could be better.
01-25-2009, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankjenets View Post
Yeah, only minor issues here too. It's a great game, especially being a freebie!

01-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Could I get a promo code?

Lol, the game is free

nice, so whats the goal of the game? is it add supported?

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
01-25-2009, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo19 View Post
Could I get a promo code?

Lol, the game is free

nice, so whats the goal of the game? is it add supported?
Nope! It's ad free. The idea is to get all your guys to the other side with the colors. Oh, and remember, don't ask for promo codes. They might ban you and that ain't good!

Last edited by DHrox; 01-25-2009 at 12:51 PM.
01-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankjenets View Post
I am working on 3 levels of difficulty for the next update (Easy, Medium and Hard). Right now the difficulty is what easy mode will be. There is already an update in review that includes an enhanced walk animation and a new background. The difficulty selection will be in the following update. Expect this game to be updated frequently as I have lots of plans for it. Thanks for the feedback.

01-25-2009, 12:50 PM
Quote:
I am working on 3 levels of difficulty for the next update (Easy, Medium and Hard). Right now the difficulty is what easy mode will be. There is already an update in review that includes an enhanced walk animation and a new background. The difficulty selection will be in the following update. Expect this game to be updated frequently as I have lots of plans for it. Thanks for the feedback.
Will you add team color selection? That and maybe a team flag would help deepen the experience.