★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Erwin Jansen
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 12.5 MB
  • Version: 1.9.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: # Nr 1 FREE ACTION GAME in the US
# TOP 3: U.S.A, Italy, France, Japan, Germany,China.
# TOP 10: U.K., Australia, Canada, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Singapore,Hong Kong, Taiwan and many more countries.

## Over a 3.000.000 downloads, More than 3 million users can not be wrong ##

FreeAppReport.com Featured App!

IPHONEAPPREVIEWS.NET review : "I would definitely recommend Mortal Skies: the gameplay is solid, graphics are superb, and its quite a challenge."
TOUCHREVIEWS.NET review: "If you are a fan of this kind of game you wont be disappointed."

!! Develop you own version of Mortal Skies, inquire for source code licenses at info@iphone-games.be for more info !!

1944, You are one of the last pilots to stop an invading hostile superpower. Will you succeed to destroy them and turn the tide of World War 2 ?

Mortal Skies is a Classic Shoot Em Up arcade action game with action packed gameplay and awesome graphics. Discover this fast paced shoot em up action game with hours, even days of fun. Collecting all achievements will keep you challenged to unlock extra planes and a bonus level.

Features:

- 7 big levels across varied environments like Canyons, Snow and more.
- Huge diverse endbosses including Bombers, Choppers and even a one on one dogfight endboss.
- 10 Weapon upgrades/powerups, including Minigun, MegaBomb, Wingman, CarpetBomb and Reflective Shield (reflects hostile bullits and absorbs rockets) and more.
- Awesome Achievement missions: Earn Bronze, Silver and Gold cups for each of the 9 different achievement missions. Different achievements require different gameplay tactics, so you will be challenged to keep playing. Unlock extra planes and an extra bonus level in which you will be given some really awesome firepower.
- Difficulty settings can be adjusted using a slider bar (100 different difficulty levels !). Increasing the difficulty will also increase the maximum available highscore. So you will always be challenged to set that score.
- GameCenter
- Control your plane by using Touch controls or Accelerometer.

Mortal Skies 1.1 Update submitted to AppStore:
We listen to our users and we decided to submit an update for Mortal Skies to the AppStore, Update contains:
- Easy difficulty settings made easier.
- Your fighter will become 40% faster (lesser lag).
- Small icon change.

Visit www.iphone-games.be to get more info about the game or search youtube for Mortal Skies.

erwin jansen's comments:

1944, You are one of the last pilots to stop an invading hostile superpower. Will you succeed to destroy them and turn the tide of World War 2 ?

Mortal Skies is a Classic Shoot Em Up arcade action game with action packed gameplay and awesome graphics. Discover this fast paced shoot em up action game with hours, even days of fun. Collecting all achievements will keep you challenged to unlock extra planes and a bonus level.

Features:

- 7 big levels across varied environments like Canyons, Snow and more.

- Huge diverse endbosses including Bombers, Choppers and even a one on one dogfight endboss.

- 10 Weapon upgrades/powerups, including Minigun, MegaBomb, Wingman, CarpetBomb and Reflective Shield (reflects hostile bullits and absorbs rockets) and more.

- Awesome Achievement missions: Earn Bronze, Silver and Gold cups for each of the 9 different achievement missions. Different achievements require different gameplay tactics, so you will be challenged to keep playing. Unlock extra planes and an extra bonus level in which you will be given some really awesome firepower.

- Global worldwide HighScore functionality. Submit your highscore and compete with other players worldwide to be the best Mortal Skies top ace pilot in the world.

- Difficulty settings can be adjusted using a slider bar (100 different difficulty levels !). Increasing the difficulty will also increase the maximum available highscore. So you will always be challenged to set that score.
- Control your plane by using Touch controls or Accelerometer.

appstore:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mortal-skies-modern-war-air-combat/id351881281?mt=8

more info: http://www.iphone-games.be/mortalskies.html

Youtube link | Pop Up
01-24-2010, 09:33 AM
Looks cool, release date?

01-24-2010, 09:35 AM
The game looks and sounds fantastic. Shmup's aren't really my thing, but this one is tempting me

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
01-24-2010, 10:03 AM
release date : Today (a few hours ago)

appstore link:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mortal-skies-modern-war-air-combat/id351881281?mt=8
01-24-2010, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erwin jansen View Post

Cool, Congrats!
01-24-2010, 10:50 AM
skysmash?

Is this perhaps a sequel to, or is made by the same dev as, Skysmash 1918 (which I really enjoy)?! Awesome!
Gonna d/l this morning. Below is Skysmash... interface / screens look rather similar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-01-24 at 5.48.23 AM.png
Views:	3
Size:	311.7 KB
ID:	14074  
01-24-2010, 11:15 AM
i like this style of game. was fan of the arcade version. downloading now.

well i dunno what to think of this game. normally i really love this style. but this just seems like its missing something. action seems slow. and you do not get to keep your fire power from one level to another.
them are my quick observation. will give this game some more time to grow on me.

chris.

Last edited by sid187; 01-24-2010 at 11:36 AM.
01-25-2010, 12:06 AM
devs, PLEEEEEEASE!! the "easy" setting is WAY TOO HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid187 View Post
i like this style of game. was fan of the arcade version. downloading now.

well i dunno what to think of this game. normally i really love this style. but this just seems like its missing something. action seems slow. and you do not get to keep your fire power from one level to another.
them are my quick observation. will give this game some more time to grow on me.

chris.
What's missing?! The fact that it takes a god almighty METRIC BUTT-TON of shots to down even the first tiny planes on the first level on the easiest setting. I love vertical shooters, and this is an almost unforgivable mistake. It hurts even more because other than the required hit-count, I REALLY LIKE THIS GAME! The graphics are gorgeous, I love the "zoom in / out" for the high-altitude vs tank bits, the sound is nice, the music is neat - but why oh WHY does it take a zillion shots to take down even the smallest enemy craft? Even the RAIDEN series (king of the "if you bomb the bosses, you'll just piss them off and they'll bring back more firepower) understood this unwritten law of vertical shmups. Let me be clear, I really love everything about this game... except the shots required to kill! AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHH!H!

It's still very slick and well worth a d/l, though, and I recommend it.
01-25-2010, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujibayashi View Post
What's missing?! The fact that it takes a god almighty METRIC BUTT-TON of shots to down even the first tiny planes on the first level on the easiest setting. I love vertical shooters, and this is an almost unforgivable mistake. It hurts even more because other than the required hit-count, I REALLY LIKE THIS GAME! The graphics are gorgeous, I love the "zoom in / out" for the high-altitude vs tank bits, the sound is nice, the music is neat - but why oh WHY does it take a zillion shots to take down even the smallest enemy craft? Even the RAIDEN series (king of the "if you bomb the bosses, you'll just piss them off and they'll bring back more firepower) understood this unwritten law of vertical shmups. Let me be clear, I really love everything about this game... except the shots required to kill! AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHH!H!

It's still very slick and well worth a d/l, though, and I recommend it.
Your skills are weak.

HAHA, just kidding, is it really that hard? I'd love to give it a try since I love shmups, but not if it's going to cause me pain. Bankshot does that enough already...

Just posted news of the release to MustTap, good luck with the release!

Jon Lim
Founder of MustTap.com
Twitter | Facebook

Last edited by JonLim; 01-25-2010 at 12:40 AM.