Old 01-24-2010, 04:15 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Default Fall Down! - Step Aside Doodle Jump

Name Fall Down!
Developer Hannes Jensen
Price FREE
Genre(s)Time Waster
Itunes Link Fall Down!

Welcome to my third review, thought it was about time I moved away from our beloved Gameloft and reviewed something different for a change. So I'm gonna review a little addictive game called Fall Down. This is the kind of game you take out and play whilst your sitting in the back of the classroom and your teacher is droning on and on about something you really couldn't care less about.

Storyline: N/A

The object of the game is well basically to fall down. You've got get as far away from the top of the screen as you can, if you fail to do so you will be rewarded with a squished dead ball.

Gameplay: 9/10

Like Doodle Jump you play with your iDevice horizontally as opposed to vertically like a lot of other games. you tilt your iDevice left or right depending on which way you won't to go and your aim is to find gaps in the "layers of platforms" and fall as low as possible. The longer you do this for the more points you get however the platforms move up quicker and quicker as you get further into the game. Doesn't sound like fun? Well believe me it is.

Graphics: 6.5/10

Although this is a game that can get away without very special graphics and graphics not being one of its key aspects there is room for improvement however they are satisfying enough. Games like Band Band Jump and Doodle Jump have tried hard here where as Fall Down has not, but keep in mind graphics isn't a key focus.

Misc: 8/10

It's the little things that really count with games like these and in this area Fall Down! don't cease to impress. Cool features include a little question mark that if you land on random events can occur like and extra 5 points, super speed of the platforms pausing giving you time to get to the bottom before they start moving again.

The game has a high replay-ability as once you die you immediately want to play again to beat your high-score and if you fail to the next time you'll want to keep on trying. It sucks you in and is highly addictive.

One final little feature is that the colours of the platforms change once you get to certain scores, like they'll go from green to pink once you get to roughly 50.

Final Comments: Well thank you for taking the time to read another one of my reviews and I hope you have enjoyed reading and perhaps want to download Fall Down! and see how far you can get. This is definitely one for those pick up and play people or people who get there iDevice out while their waiting for their computer to load or during the ad breaks on TV. And let's face it a game like this should really be $0.99/0.59 in all honesty.

Overall Rating: 7.8/10 C'mon go get it now, it's free after all!