★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Get ready for an exciting new Racing game on the iPhone from Discovery International. The team that brought you Cannon Challenge, now brings you "Electro Racer"

High-speed arcade racing game Electro Racer, lets you pilot a futuristic alternative fuel hovercraft through two adrenaline packed race tracks. Collect powerups and glide through turns and jumps as you compete against computer-controlled opponents, and then upload your high scores to see how your performance ranks on the global online leaderboard.

KEY FEATURES:

4 Different Alternative Fuel Vehicles
Exciting 3D graphics
2 High speed race circuits
Online Leaderboards

If you like F-Zero, Ridge Racer, Wipeout, Need for Speed, or Asphalt 4, then you should play Electro Racer Today!
01-25-2010, 12:17 AM
hell, it's a first.

It's a first for me: truly gonna TOFTT. Downloaded now, will post an impression soon...

01-25-2010, 12:22 AM
It looks cool, I mean the car and the building.
01-25-2010, 12:24 AM
Odd, Discovery Networks International is selling it, but none of their links in iTunes work!

The game looks interesting, and I posted the news of its release onto MustTap, but has anyone given it a try?

Jon Lim
Founder of MustTap.com
Twitter | Facebook
01-25-2010, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonLim View Post
Odd, Discovery Networks International is selling it, but none of their links in iTunes work!

The game looks interesting, and I posted the news of its release onto MustTap, but has anyone given it a try?
playing it now... so far from what I've seen:
PROS - *nice* controls on my 3gs, nice scenery, difficulty seems *just right*.
CONS - 2 tracks for 2 bucks?! maybe more to be unlocked, will find out later, but damn. And the scenery didn't change between the two tracks that much at all?!
01-25-2010, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujibayashi View Post
playing it now... so far from what I've seen:
PROS - *nice* controls on my 3gs, nice scenery, difficulty seems *just right*.
CONS - 2 tracks for 2 bucks?! maybe more to be unlocked, will find out later, but damn. And the scenery didn't change between the two tracks that much at all?!
You played both the tracks already? And... what happened after?

If that is all that is included, I hope they have constant updates to content.

Jon Lim
Founder of MustTap.com
Twitter | Facebook
01-25-2010, 12:44 AM
uh.. not yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonLim View Post
You played both the tracks already? And... what happened after?

If that is all that is included, I hope they have constant updates to content.
haha, came in 1st on the first track, having a little trouble coming in 1st on the 2nd track (hoping this unlocks SOMETHING).

I'll post a full impression when I get that far.
01-25-2010, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujibayashi View Post
haha, came in 1st on the first track, having a little trouble coming in 1st on the 2nd track (hoping this unlocks SOMETHING).

I'll post a full impression when I get that far.
Haha, fight the good fight my friend. Let us know!

Jon Lim
Founder of MustTap.com
Twitter | Facebook
01-25-2010, 12:48 AM
Any impressions?
01-25-2010, 01:12 AM
Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Guy View Post
Any impressions?
Okay, here's a full impression, with the good stuff first:

The game is very slick overall (gameplay sections only - the menu is rather bland and static). Music fits the bill, sounds are nice; it's particularly nice to hear the other AI players getting their "boost" on behind you thus making you a little nervous when you're in the lead...

controls are very nice. Perfect, I'd say. I managed to get 1st place in both races without using the brakes at all; it's all about how you steer and making sure you get YOUR powerups while ignoring the other AI players' powerups (taking theirs will slow you down, a neat touch). There are no weapons - I view this as a plus, having personally grown weary of the LOWGRAV / SPEEDFORGE dependency on weapons. I'm with Future Racer: Can't we just have a game about racing through futuristic landscapes without the weapons if we'd like?! Like, say, 1984's STAR RIDER (a laserdisc Williams classic)?

I digress... controls couldn't be tweaked better, framerate is nice on my 3gs, the scenery is fun to blast through, and it presents a bit of a challenge (on the 2nd track). Graphics are nice and smooth, but not SUPERslick a-la FASTLANE, still hands down my favorite racer on the iPhone (and I have them all).

Now the bad stuff:
* * * THERE ARE ONLY TWO TRACKS and the FOUR CARS you start with. * *
Ain't nothing unlockable, there's simply nothing more to see. One music track (nice though it is). No multiplayer. No difficulty settings. Nothing.
Unless they enable in-app purchase courses in the future, you can experience all this game has to offer in 10 minutes (if you're unlucky - 5 if you do well).

If you like weapons, well, there are none - which could be a bad thing.

Also - the scenery isn't fundamentally different on the two tracks, which is sad; I'd like to have seen what the dev team could've done with some other "worlds".

All in all, while I don't really regret the purchase, you should know what you're getting in to. 4 Cars. 2 Tracks.
No weapons. And 5-15 minutes of playtime to have seen it all.

It's up to you.