★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Tilework- Free Puzzler

01-25-2009, 03:58 PM
#1
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 815
Tilework- Free Puzzler

This game just came out, and its surprisingly fun to use, and challenging to keep going. You chose from 2sets of shapes to use, each of the sets has two shapes, so it does limit you, but in a good way. The only thing i could ask for is more colors, and maybe another set or two of shapes. But, I, being artistic, find this to be a really fun thing to mess around with!

EDIT: Nevermind about the colors, turns out theres an editable color palette..... lol, and i found screens on his site





Also, how do you get a link/screenshots up? Ya, dont make fun lol

Cobalt and Calcium- THE Coheed and Cambria fansite- NEW ALBUM COMING SOON!!!!

Waiting for- Bioshock, NHL 10, FIFA 10, Guerrilla Bob, NOVA, Sketch Nation

Last edited by THEDeliriumTrigger; 01-25-2009 at 04:01 PM.
01-25-2009, 04:11 PM
#2
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDeliriumTrigger View Post
Also, how do you get a link/screenshots up? Ya, dont make fun lol
[url=http://www.site.com][img]http://www.site.com/picture.jpg[/img][/url]

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc

01-25-2009, 04:13 PM
#3
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
[url=http://www.site.com][img]http://www.site.com/picture.jpg[/img][/url]
Oh, i knew to use the url/img wrap, but the actual address itself i dont.....

Cobalt and Calcium- THE Coheed and Cambria fansite- NEW ALBUM COMING SOON!!!!

Waiting for- Bioshock, NHL 10, FIFA 10, Guerrilla Bob, NOVA, Sketch Nation
01-25-2009, 04:14 PM
#4
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDeliriumTrigger View Post
This game just came out, and its surprisingly fun to use, and challenging to keep going. You chose from 2sets of shapes to use, each of the sets has two shapes, so it does limit you, but in a good way. The only thing i could ask for is more colors, and maybe another set or two of shapes. But, I, being artistic, find this to be a really fun thing to mess around with!
So, is there a goal in this game? Or do you just get to be artistic and build nice patterns?

As you say, it seems like a game you mess around with, rather than a puzzler.

Perhaps you could explain some more if that is incorrect. ^ ^


Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDeliriumTrigger View Post
Oh, i knew to use the url/img wrap, but the actual address itself i dont.....
Well, what address are you trying to get?

Tilework in the AppStore?

Then you do: [app]Tilework[/app]

Here's a link to AppShopper too: Tilework @ AppShopper

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc

Last edited by Donburns99; 01-25-2009 at 04:16 PM.
01-25-2009, 04:15 PM
#5
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
So, is there a goal in this game? Or do you just get to be artistic and build nice patterns?

As you say, it seems like a game you mess around with, rather than a puzzler.

Perhaps you could explain some more if that is incorrect. ^ ^


Well, what address are you trying to get?
The goal is to fill the whole screen(fully zoomed out) with your pattern, which is actually kinda challenging.....

and i didnt know there were those kind of wraps, thats cool, thanks!

Cobalt and Calcium- THE Coheed and Cambria fansite- NEW ALBUM COMING SOON!!!!

Waiting for- Bioshock, NHL 10, FIFA 10, Guerrilla Bob, NOVA, Sketch Nation
01-25-2009, 04:19 PM
#6
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDeliriumTrigger View Post
The goal is to fill the whole screen(fully zoomed out) with your pattern, which is actually kinda challenging.....

and i didnt know there were those kind of wraps, thats cool, thanks!
Sounds interesting, I'll pick it up and try it out. ^ ^

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
01-25-2009, 05:44 PM
#7
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,186
I saw this when it was first released and thought it looked interesting. Now it's free so I will be sure to check it out! It looks like it could be a nice little time waster. I'm sure it will take ages to fill a screen correctly.
01-25-2009, 05:49 PM
#8
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_mani View Post
I saw this when it was first released and thought it looked interesting. Now it's free so I will be sure to check it out! It looks like it could be a nice little time waster. I'm sure it will take ages to fill a screen correctly.
Its just hard to figure how to get that far in the first place! But def a keeper, even if i dont use it like crazy

Cobalt and Calcium- THE Coheed and Cambria fansite- NEW ALBUM COMING SOON!!!!

Waiting for- Bioshock, NHL 10, FIFA 10, Guerrilla Bob, NOVA, Sketch Nation
01-25-2009, 05:59 PM
#9
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,866
I like that this game has a resume feature, I was worried it didn't.

I can see the goal could be to fill up the whole screen, but I zoomed out and scrolled for quite a ways and then had to scroll quite a ways to get back to my pieces. Seems like it could be an endless board.

Here's what I came up with after figuring out how to finally place pieces correctly.



A very reminiscent experience of 1st - 3rd grade, even kindergarten and pre-kindergarten.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc