★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: New game LKA Basketball Mania

01-25-2009, 07:48 PM
New game LKA Basketball Mania

has anyone tried LKA Basketball Mania ? if someone posted already sorry but want to know if its a waste ar a take.

Quote:
"Are you a basketball maniac but you can't live at the gym?
Want to get your game on during the morning commute?
Don't worry, now you can shoot every time you wish!
With realistic physics, sounds and 3D graphics it's easy to feel in a real court.

Try to top the global high score table in the "Shooting competition" game mode, 16 shots in 16 different game positions.

You need to pratice? Choose the "Free shooting" game mode and improve your shots from endless random positions."

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by salsamd; 01-26-2009 at 02:09 AM.
01-25-2009, 08:13 PM
I'm curious about this game too... The video didn't help that much.

Anyone?

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8

01-25-2009, 08:36 PM
Lots of fun

I'm enjoying this game.
It's become one of my top 3 favorites.
01-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah, not clear on the game's mechanics, but see 2:29 of the video

Click image below to enlarge
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bb.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	917  

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."
01-25-2009, 10:59 PM
First of all I own Arcade Hoops and Hoppin.

Both games have similar throwing method: finger swipe. The major problem with this method is the game has a great chance to became mechanical or repetitive. You just try to repeat a move to get the same result. No good.

This game has a different approach: (1) you adjust the throwing position by dragging the ball (a default position is always automatically set but not necessarily the best); then, (2) you tap the picture at right side to set the shot power. Both throwing settings are very sensitive in a good way, meaning you can easily make fine adjustments. Really good.

But what makes the game even better is the fact that you play in several court positions so it's hard to keep track of a system to always score. Eventually you start to understand the throwing distance and strength but it's not obvious at all.

The game has two modes: Free Shooting (which is fun but it could have statistics to make it even more interesting) and a Shooting Competition with online high score (you have to score a number of throwing using as less time as possible and each one with a different position).

The game does not have music but it has the basic basketball sounds.

The game menu is bland (it could use visual and audio feedback when a buttons is tapped).

Graphics and animations are nice. A top wide camera follows the ball trajectory (nice touch). There's no arcade effects when you score unless for a subtle "Score!" (it could include something more exciting for sure).

The first time I played I felt the need to know the distance so I could calculate the power and so on... However, soon I realized that the 3D environment gives all clues to properly throw, like in real life. So no need to such tech information.

Well, I really like the game and I just wish the developer adds more and more features ASAP!!

4/5+

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
01-26-2009, 12:00 AM
from Rocket Pocket Games:

Quote:
RPGGuy

Re: LKA Basketball Mania
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsamd
As I recall you are working on basketball title, you may be interested in this one:

Thanks for the heads up. I've started one but it's on hold until my 3D engine is good enough to handle it. Mine is more like NBA Street, with 3 on 3 full basketball not just a shooting simulation.

Youtube link | Pop Up

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."

Last edited by salsamd; 01-26-2009 at 01:55 AM.
01-26-2009, 12:06 AM
Lol /thread mabye? Too bad i already bought this.... lol, its a good game though, i have a 18% shooting percentage lol

Cobalt and Calcium- THE Coheed and Cambria fansite- NEW ALBUM COMING SOON!!!!

Waiting for- Bioshock, NHL 10, FIFA 10, Guerrilla Bob, NOVA, Sketch Nation