★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Artwerkz
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 32.9 MB
  • Version: 1.1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 3 (1)
App description: Explore the mysterious sci-fi world of XIX, blasting the malicious parasites that try to prevent you from helping the Mad Scientist Asimov take over the world! What lies deep down under the earth, where you must harvest the gems to help Asimov build his doomsday device?

---This game is also included in Artwerkz GameBox---

Collect goodies and harvest gems in this addictive sci-fi shoot'emup game!

---What people are saying about XIX---

"I like it. You have to find & pick up minerals (hard to see sometimes) by flying over them and avoid ("by all means"it's not so dangerous as it sounds) everything (almost everything?) that moves. Your harvester ship is shooting and you can lock shooting direction by tapping (never needed that until now). Quite easy @ the beginningPromising! Challenging. Thank you. Will pick it up again for sure." - TouchArcade Forums
--------------------------------------

Features:
*Countless levels for never-ending play

*Stunning graphics

*Shake to pause

*XIX will detect if your iPod is playing,
to let you listen to your own music

*Guest appearances by parasitic doodlebugs

*Highly responsive accelerometer-based controls
------------------------------------
Controls:
*Tilt the device to move your ship. It will automatically shoot both in and away from the direction the ship is moving.

*Touch the screen to lock the direction the ship fires, and concentrate firepower.

*Pick up the bright photons to slowly increase the rate of fire

*Orange gems will make the ship invincible for a short period of time.

*Yellow gems will make the ship double the rate of fire for a short period of time.

------------------------------
Tips:
*Collect the gems in the middle of the screen early, as some of the parasites like to hover in the middle and keep you from the gems.
*Save the invincibility gem until there are lots of parasites and photons, then go kamikaze on them, pick up all the photons and gems in the middle of the screen, and set off all the land mines!
*Stock up on photons early in the game to get your guns firing quickly, to help you get through the harder levels later on.

Also try: DoodleCraft

adamw's comments:
Explore the mysterious sci-fi world of XIX, blasting the malicious parasites that try to prevent you from helping the Mad Scientist Asimov take over the world! What lies deep down under the earth, where you must harvest the gems to help Asimov build his doomsday device?

XIX is free for a limited time, so grab it now!

01-25-2010, 04:24 PM
WARNING - INSANELY ADDICTIVE!!!!

according to who?

01-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Nevermind, I mis-read the blurb.

At least you get to help the bad guy this time around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
01-25-2010, 04:34 PM
and the point of the game is to?

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
01-25-2010, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
and the point of the game is to?
Explore the mysterious sci-fi world of XIX, blasting the malicious parasites that try to prevent you from helping the Mad Scientist Asimov take over the world, harvest the gems that lie deep down under the earth to help Asimov build his doomsday device!

Clear as mud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
01-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Game Impressions

I like it. You have to find & pick up minerals (hard to see sometimes) by flying over them and avoid ("by all means"—it's not so dangerous as it sounds) everything (almost everything?) that moves. Your harvester ship is shooting and you can lock shooting direction by tapping (never needed that until now). Quite easy @ the beginning…

Special items are showing up by time, even technical difficulties with your ship (part of the game: some headlights kaputt—even more restricted view area). Short gameplay story and hints between some levels. Thrilling!

Good accelerometer controls, default setting okay but you can switch sensitivity. Nice graphics, sounds and music (seems to play a role in the game). Runs smooth on iPhone 3G. Sometimes I have to tap twice on menue items. When you lose the game you have to start from the very beginning. Could only find local highscores so far. Strange name of the game.

Promising! Challenging. Thank you. Will pick it up again for sure.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

Last edited by Habakuk; 01-25-2010 at 05:46 PM.
01-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
I like it. You have to find & pick up minerals (hard to see sometimes) by flying over them and avoid ("by all means"it's not so dangerous as it sounds) everything (almost everything?) that moves. Your harvester ship is shooting and you can lock shooting direction by tapping (never needed that until now). Quite easy @ the beginning

Special items are showing up by time, even technical difficulties with your ship (part of the game: some headlights kaputteven more restricted view area). Short gameplay story and hints between some levels. Thrilling!

Good accelerometer controls, default setting okay but you can switch sensitivity. Nice graphics, sounds and music (seems to play a role in the game). Runs smooth on iPhone 3G. Sometimes I have to tap twice on menue items. When you lose the game you have to start from the very beginning. Could only find local highscores so far. Strange name of the game.

Promising! Challenging. Thank you. Will pick it up again for sure.
You sold me!

Do you ever get to turn the tables and blast back with a "power-pill" or something?

Is this the full game or some sort of trial with an option to unlock the full game with an in-app purchase?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
01-25-2010, 06:08 PM
Wow insanely addicitve insanely addictive insanely addictive
01-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
You sold me!

Do you ever get to turn the tables and blast back with a "power-pill" or something?

Is this the full game or some sort of trial with an option to unlock the full game with an in-app purchase?
There are some "power-pills" that cause you to shoot very quickly for a short period of time (yellow minerals), and some "power-pills" that slowly increase your rate of fire for the duration of the game (the little energy balls).

This is the full game. After the free promotion, it will become a $.99 app.

-Adam
01-25-2010, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamw View Post
and some "power-pills" that slowly increase your rate of fire for the duration of the game (the little energy balls).
The very small moving spots (dots, white or yellowish) showing up soon (seen in screenshot #1 almost in center)? The only moving things that won't suck your ship's energy level but give some bonus obviously. So should I collect them?! The help files and hints could be illustrated. But it's not hard to figure out.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)