★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Thanks Apple for featuring Slug Wars in "Whats Hot"!

UPDATE COMING SOON
We've heard your feedback, and are working on the following updates, coming shortly:
-Lefty Mode
-Control iPod playlist
-Save game state mid level
Also working on new units, new levels, new difficulty settings and more! Check our Facebook fanpage for more updates.

REVIEWS
"Slug Wars is an unexpectedly fun RTS game for the iPhone and iPod touch. The game has a unique design and very dynamic gameplay." -Mobile Tech Review

"Slug Wars is a real time strategy game that is all about managing your queue. And let me tell you, its GOOD!" -TheAppEra

"Tight, hours of fun/replayability, good art and strategy; well worth $1.99" -iGame Radio

"Slug Wars is a goofy strategy/tower defense game that is addictive and fun." -iPhone life

"A creative take on the genre that combines Real-time strategy with TD. I found Slug Wars to be an enjoyable game, and I was entertained throughout the whole experience." -Your Next App

"Amusing take on tower defense games that throws in offensive strategy; great graphics and character design." -Wired

"its unique take on the tower defense genre and fun visual style helps it stand out." -Popzara

"The game plays out a bit like PopCap's Plants vs Zombies where you have to put your best slugs against their best slugs, and battle to the death." -UGO


"Slug Wars accomplishes exactly what it set out to do. Its an entertaining real time strategy game with intuitive controls and an endearing art style at an affordable price." -VG Tribune

"a side-scrolling tower defense game with a dash of creativity and superb art direction." -MTV Multiplayer


SLUG WARS
Ever wonder what happens beneath the canopy of grass in your own backyard? Wonder no more! Slug Wars brings to life the epic battles fought by brave slugs in yards across the nation. Sure, slugs may move slowly, but that doesnt stop them from strapping salt shakers to their backs and running err trudging off to battle their evil foes.

Slug Wars is a real-time strategy game thats all about managing your units for maximum impact on the battlefield. Slug units move down one of 3 lanes to reach the enemy base, engaging enemies along the way. Defend your base from the slug onslaught, while trying to capture your enemys base!

Enjoy countless hours of deep game play as you work to unlock all slug units (with more units on the way!), or challenge your friends to a head-to-head battle!

Do you have what it takes to lead your slug troops to victory?


FEATURES
Squish your enemies in intuitive touch control gameplay
Test your mettle in 3 game modes: Campaign, Skirmish and Slug-It-Out
Select your soldiers with varying speeds, defense and attack abilities
Pick up flowers from fallen comrades to purchase more units
Unlock new units as you emerge victorious from battle
01-25-2010, 05:39 PM
#2
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 4,491
Haha, this game definitely looks like fun. A kamikaze slug with salt tied to his back!? Love it

01-25-2010, 05:42 PM
#3
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
Haha, this game definitely looks like fun. A kamikaze slug with salt tied to his back!? Love it
One of my first thoughts :P

That is a brilliant idea! Looks fun, but I'm currently broke :/
01-25-2010, 05:44 PM
#4
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,242

Youtube link | Pop Up



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKZ8JFDvTFs

Last edited by Touchgamer3g; 01-25-2010 at 05:47 PM.
01-25-2010, 06:00 PM
#5
wow, this reminds me of the zombie game with flowers.

sweet
01-25-2010, 06:37 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inotiawar View Post
wow, this reminds me of the zombie game with flowers.

sweet
Plants vs Zombies? Now if that will ever get submitted.
01-25-2010, 07:58 PM
#7
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA, USA
Posts: 11,774
Color me confused, is the player controlling both sides of the battle?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
01-25-2010, 08:09 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Color me confused, is the player controlling both sides of the battle?
It looks like the video is of the two player mode. The selection screen looked like it had a campaign and skirmish which I would assume is one player - but one can never assume these days!
01-25-2010, 08:17 PM
#9
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,750
So, I decided to try this out, and after about five minutes, I would have to say its worth getting, but I can think of a few things it needs:

1) Right now if you quit during a level, it restarts you back to the begining of the level. It needs to bring you back to where you were.

2) It needs different options for music and sound effects. The voice acting is great (I will never ever get tired of the "Yamler"s, but I would rather listen to my own music).

3) This game is biased towards righties. I am left handed and would much rather play from the left side of the screen, rather then the right.

Still, I can see myself getting addicted to this. Good job.

Michael
01-25-2010, 09:35 PM
#10
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkaufman View Post
So, I decided to try this out, and after about five minutes, I would have to say its worth getting, but I can think of a few things it needs:

1) Right now if you quit during a level, it restarts you back to the begining of the level. It needs to bring you back to where you were.

2) It needs different options for music and sound effects. The voice acting is great (I will never ever get tired of the "Yamler"s, but I would rather listen to my own music).

3) This game is biased towards righties. I am left handed and would much rather play from the left side of the screen, rather then the right.

Still, I can see myself getting addicted to this. Good job.

Michael
good review, do agree with you. ill try this game surely