★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Any Devs Want to "Cross-Feature" any Characters?

01-25-2010, 08:27 PM
Any Devs Want to "Cross-Feature" any Characters?

This is going out to all iPhone Devs. In our app (MindBlender Quiz - http://www.itunes.com/apps/mindblenderquiz) we would like to cross-feature a character or a few characters.

This would be similar to the way Doodle Jump, Pocket God, and The Creeps! cross-promote each other. They use 1 or 2 characters from each others games and they use them to promote each other. Are there any devs here that would like to do something like this?

Further details can be discussed if you are interested. Please contact me or post in this thread if you would like to be a part of this! If you ARE interested, please post a link to your app and the "character/image" you would like to cross-promote!

Thanks,

I make games at PixelCUBE Studios! Follow me @naveen_pcs
01-25-2010, 08:40 PM
im not a dev...but what characters does your game have? just by looking at the itunes pics it doesnt look like the game has a main character

01-25-2010, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldglover411 View Post
im not a dev...but what characters does your game have? just by looking at the itunes pics it doesnt look like the game has a main character
Our game doesn't have a "Main" character, but we have around 8 actual proper characters. We think it would work well for us to feature other apps characters because our game consists of quick questions/levels. Thus we can feature many devs in our app!

01-25-2010, 09:06 PM
I have your game, and its actually really fun!
I can really see how you would be able to promote other charaters in there, with the quick little questions nd all.

[ERROR<:>/ insert witty saying here/>]
01-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abruce42 View Post
I have your game, and its actually really fun!
I can really see how you would be able to promote other charaters in there, with the quick little questions nd all.
Glad you like it! Any suggestions you might have, or any "question" ideas? We will add you to the credits screen!

For the devs, anyone willing to offer some of their characters for cross-promotion?

01-26-2010, 04:58 AM
Send a message via AIM to kohjingyu
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplymuzik3 View Post
Glad you like it! Any suggestions you might have, or any "question" ideas? We will add you to the credits screen!

For the devs, anyone willing to offer some of their characters for cross-promotion?
Hey PixelCUBEStudios, remember me? (Hint: @kohjingyu on Twitter)

I'll like to offer Cheese Collect's mouse/cat, you know my email.
01-26-2010, 08:42 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to ylyu5
Interesting Idea
I think the game is something similar to "The Impossible Quiz!"

There are some questions I would like to know:
Are you going to add some questions related to characters in other game?
Do you need other developers do something to promote your app in return?
01-26-2010, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylyu5 View Post
Interesting Idea
I think the game is something similar to "The Impossible Quiz!"

There are some questions I would like to know:
Are you going to add some questions related to characters in other game?
Do you need other developers do something to promote your app in return?
1) Yes. If other devs are willing to work with us, we plan on including their characters in a question. If the devs are not willing to do this, then we obviously cannot just go and add it without their permission.

2) We would appreciate it, but its not 100% mandatory. As long as the "other app" mentions something or has a link to MindBlender Quiz, were fine with that. For each character we include in our app, we will add a page in the "credits" section that will have info on the app/developer.

01-27-2010, 12:09 AM
I have some horriably drawn(I'm no artist) characters in Port Defender, and I'm looking for more characters to use as talking heads during my new in game messages to the player.

Developer of Port Defender, & Have a Masters Degree in Software Engineering and actually have a real Job
01-27-2010, 12:30 AM
Can you show me the screenshots of each character in your game?