★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Is there anything like Motherload for the iPhone?

01-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Is there anything like Motherload for the iPhone?

Is there anything sort of like motherload for the iPhone? For those of you who haven't played it, here's a video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qQvd3D_euI

I don't care if it's not exactly like it, but similar in terms of gameplay, i.e collecting stuff, leveling up, planning your resources, etc. Is there any game like it on the app store?

On another note, it would be awesome if a dev picked up on this idea and coded a clone. I mean, tons of other flash games have received numerous clones. Is it because Motherload wasn't all that popular? How many of you guys have played / enjoyed it?

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Solomon's Keep | Endless Depths | Tallowmere
Now Playing: Dungeons of Chaos UNITY EDITION | Siralim 2
01-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Motherlode is awesome! I'd play that all the time during keyboarding class!
As far as i know, no, there isn't anything like that on the iphone. Would be an awesome port, though.

01-25-2009, 08:59 PM
I don't recall seeing any games like this. And to answer your question, a clone might not be very successful if Motherload was not very popular. Unless it's cheap. However, I wouldn't mind getting a clone.

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!
01-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorlen View Post
Is there anything sort of like motherload for the iPhone? For those of you who haven't played it, here's a video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qQvd3D_euI

I don't care if it's not exactly like it, but similar in terms of gameplay, i.e collecting stuff, leveling up, planning your resources, etc. Is there any game like it on the app store?

On another note, it would be awesome if a dev picked up on this idea and coded a clone. I mean, tons of other flash games have received numerous clones. Is it because Motherload wasn't all that popular? How many of you guys have played / enjoyed it?

is that your video? that guy is hilarious... i haven't heard of that game but i laughed the whole time

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
01-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Hmm I do remember seeing games like this in appstore. Not the same theme but the things you mentioned were there - collecting stuff, planning resorces etc. Can't remember any names though :/
01-25-2009, 09:36 PM
There is Miners. Never played it, but I don't think it'll live up to your expectations.

Only game that comes to mind though.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
01-25-2009, 09:37 PM
01-25-2009, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wegmans View Post
is that your video? that guy is hilarious... i haven't heard of that game but i laughed the whole time
No no heh, that's not me, it's the first video I foudn that showed what the game was lol

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Solomon's Keep | Endless Depths | Tallowmere
Now Playing: Dungeons of Chaos UNITY EDITION | Siralim 2
06-01-2009, 02:49 PM
i talked with Xgen Studios:

Quote:
Re: motherload
Hi Mek,

It's something we're definitely considering, however we've seen no less than 2 or 3 Motherload clones already in development. We would want to bring something new to the table rather than just a port, but stay tuned.

We appreciate you dropping us a line!
I did a search for any clones, and can't seem to find any...
when i do, I will be sure to grab it, cause i think it would be amazing for the iphone....for some reason the game is so addicting....even just to see how deep you can drill
06-01-2009, 02:52 PM
i would love motherload for iphone an instabuy for me

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games