★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Annihilation Undead Chapter 2 now live!

01-26-2010, 01:52 AM
Annihilation Undead Chapter 2 now live!

Old YouTube video here.
New one coming soon, when I can figure out how to make a good trailer.

The second update of my zombie slaughtering game, Annihilation Undead, has just been accepted by Apple, and is now live on the App Store!
Looks like AppShopper is picking up the old screenshots, which is lame. Hopefully they update them soon, I've gotten a little better at taking them since.

Anyways, it's a game about killing zombies. Lots of zombies. And mutants and undead pigs. With a lawnmower, among other things - such as the brand-new-in-chapter-two laser rifle.

I just added two new game modes, Scavenge and Frenzy; Scavenge causes large mutants to drop random weapons, instead of being given them in order, and Frenzy presents the player with a series of timed challenges, such as hunting as many pigs with a shotgun as you can in four minutes.

It's a pretty fun coffe-break highscore game, and it's gory as hell - you can slice off arms, heads, and whole bodies, and the maimed enemies leave permanent blood trails. Twin-stick shooters aren't exactly the most uncommon type of iPhone game, but I just set out to make a satisfying, gory game, and i'm pretty satisfied that it's worth two bucks

Don't take my word for it though, if you're in quick, you can try one of these promo codes: L7YJ7A7KAKFJ, XE6XX9T6F36J, FJMFRTWJEPA3, and 6W6M6NFKFEJJ. If you use one, please let me know what you think - and maybe tell your friends or tweet about it too, 'cause i'm not having much luck with the whole marketing thing.

Hope you guys enjoy it!

PS here's our blog: http://annihilation-undead.blogspot.com/, follow it if you're interested.

Also, PROMO CODE CONTEST: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=42815

Last edited by Twitch; 01-26-2010 at 09:47 PM.
01-26-2010, 01:56 AM
OMG! ANOTHER DUAL STICK SHOOTER WHICH I HAVENT HEARD ABOUT!

thanks, i got:XE6XX9T6F36J

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.

01-26-2010, 01:58 AM
why dont you do a promo codecompetition? it will create some sort of buzz at least

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Thats a nice lookin gun.
01-26-2010, 05:49 PM
I like this game, but I can't even play it after the new update. Now it crashes every time on loading screen.

Using iphone 3g.
01-26-2010, 06:24 PM
Hey look, it's idracula with a different name!

Yeah, I said it: Your Tower Defense/Stick Figure/Block game sucks.
01-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Nice, been waiting for this. This may be one of the more original dual stick shooter on the store.

The first to use melee, great gorey style and just plain fun.
I'd actually put it in my top 5 dual stick shooters

Game Center: B34$T
Proud beta-tester for a bunch of cool games.
Dual-stick shooter fan
01-26-2010, 09:12 PM
@buzzard, that is really crappy. I have no idea why it'd be doing that; could you try hard restarting your iphone, deleting and reinstalling/redownloading the game on it, and if that doesn't work, PM me and i'll see if we can figure this out.

and @jef, I prefer to think of it as iDracula with blood, guts, and better weapons; that might just be me being biased though
01-26-2010, 09:15 PM
i really quite like this game though i have experienced some lag on my ipod touch 2g

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Thats a nice lookin gun.
01-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Okay jak, I took your advice and set up a promo code contest: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=42815

You're right, there can be a bit of lag, especially when things get really frantic; it's all the guts and hundereds of zombies on screen that does it. Try turning off Persistent Gore if you're really getting sick of it; it speeds things up a bit, but means the blood doesn't stay on the ground.
01-27-2010, 01:35 AM
Thanks Twitch! Did the reinstall and it works great... Nice update. Looking forward to the new map. This is one of the best horror shooters for the idevices.