★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: TitlaFun vs. other Tilta-Kind games.

01-25-2009, 09:13 PM
TitlaFun vs. other Tilta-Kind games.

ok.
there is one thread about TiltaFun already, but it was started by the developer of the game... and i want to make this one more for simple users, huge fans and addicts of the TiltaFun game. here i want us, The Gamers, to point out what are pros/cons of it, and share our views about certain levels, finding solutions (?) .

i'm playing it a couple of hours straight and i have to say it is amazing. mostly because of accelerometer. i bought dizze bee but was really regretting this purchase, controls were awful. and here everything works so fine, and smooth. i love all the games where that kind of movement is the most important (hydrotilt) but here it is the best one.

other pros?
for graphics and music i would use the word perfect (when we are talking about that genre of games).
cons?
for sure i would add some extra menu for each level, with best times (something more than stars, maybe Global Scoring would be possible?)

now for making this topic more alive i have some questions to you here.
1) simple straight answer: what do you think about it?
2) is it better than dizzebee and why yes?
3) are there any levels that you have problems with?
4) the most important one: why is it NOT AS POPULAR AS IT SHOULD BE? i mean comparing to other TF-kind games.

to the bosses here - do not mix my thread with others. this one will be different, just give it a chance. if no one answers - then close it or move it.

thank you,
peace.

Last edited by pante; 01-25-2009 at 09:28 PM. Reason: adding icon.
01-25-2009, 10:36 PM
Thanks you for your words!

We are very glad to see that you are enjoying the game so much.

We will be doing an update in about 10 days where we are going to
address some of the user input
01-26-2009, 05:45 AM
pante, as I stated in the other thread I really like this game, but I can't agree with your comparsion to Dizzy Bee. That game is simply on another level - it's more polished, the levels are very cleverly done, the controls and overall gameplay are more sophisticated and makes the game more challenging. Tiltafun is more similar to labyrinth-like games, where you control only one object by tilting your device. In this category, it is my second favorite game, right after Labyrinth :-)
I'm in the sixth world at the moment and having some fun with it. However there could be some level editor to make the gameplay longer. The level design seems to be pretty simple so it should not be such a problem...
01-26-2009, 06:11 AM
raoupp i share your love to labyrinth! tiltafun level editor? this is such a great idea. dev, listen to us
01-26-2009, 10:26 PM
1. This game is awesome. The controls are great and it has outstanding graphics and music.
2. I think it is a close call between dizzy bee. I have DB 2 and i really enjoy it. i have almost beat the game but the levels are somtimes too easy for what you expect them to be when u get into the harder difficulties.
3. So far i have not had any problems with levels, of course there is the occasional death but thats it.
4. I think that it hasnt been seen yet. I think a lite app would work perfect here.

Overall fantastic game.
01-27-2009, 03:43 AM
We are working on an update and everything you guys are saying here we note down