★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Alexic - Now available for free on the App Store

01-26-2010, 05:13 AM
Alexic - Now available for free on the App Store

I am an independent developer of iPhone/iPod Touch apps and games.

My latest offering on the App Store is Alexic - a word puzzle game with some innovative features for the genre:

Character orbs are animated with a real physics simulation connected to the iPhone's built-in accelerometer.
The app recognizes over 400.000 unique English and German words. Which is, as far as I am aware, a first in the word puzzle genre in the App Store.

Alexic has been approved by Apple this morning and is now available in the App Store.

The game will be free in the first 48 hours. So go ahead and grab a copy now: Alexic Word Puzzle Game

I certainly could use some release buzz, and would be most grateful if you would leave a review of Alexic on iTunes.

01-26-2010, 05:17 AM

01-26-2010, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the freebie, quite a nice game. Ill drop a review later.

Challenge me on Gamecenter: tblrsa
App-Echo - Your place for German iOS App and Game Reviews
Follow us on Twitter!
01-26-2010, 07:54 AM
Game Impressions

Cute and challenging game. Thanks for making it German-language too. Runs smooth on iPhone 3G and recognizes a lot of rather unusual and rare words.

I am just missing an option to delete only the last letter input. Maybe: Tap once—deletes last letter, doubletap—deletes complete word input.

I posted a German-language review in my iPhone-Blog and will submit it to iTunes with four or five stars. Thanks again!

(BTW: Indianerin = female native indian)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexic_iPhone_Gameplay.PNG
Views:	0
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	14136   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexic_iPhone_Hilfe.PNG
Views:	0
Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	14137  

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

Last edited by Habakuk; 01-26-2010 at 07:57 AM.
01-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Picked this up a short time ago, thanks to your generosity. I haven't played quite enough for a full review, but I've enjoyed what I've played so far. No big complaints. Pretty fun, really.
It's got to be hard to come up with anything new in the word game genre, so this is nice. It's familiar enough to be immediately accessible, but still quite original, with a lot of fun, new elements added into the gameplay. Small things, like the influence of the accelerometer, set the game apart and combine to make it a good, fresh experience.
01-26-2010, 11:44 AM
YAY! Finally a word game that is polished and supports German language! First two hours playing this
went away faster than I could imagine. It's very addictive, big word library (no problem with word recognitions, even ununsual words)and has OF support.
I'll give it 5-stars on AppStore. Tha's supposed to stay a very long time on my iPhone! Submitting review right now!

I would have paid 1.99$ without problems for that!

edit: review to both german and US AppStore submitted!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 01-26-2010 at 11:50 AM.
01-26-2010, 12:19 PM
Send a message via AIM to dogmeat
wow this looks like a lot of fun!

oh wow it's free!

Artist | Designer
01-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Nice word game, very polished. PM'ed the dev with a couple ideas I had as well (e.g. save game, timed game).

Last edited by secondtime; 01-30-2010 at 11:52 AM.
01-30-2010, 11:55 AM
damm missed the free bit

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
01-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by soup View Post
damm missed the free bit
me too... ...but it's worth every cent i spent.