★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: "Cricket Game" ~ $.99 for one day

01-25-2009, 09:22 PM
#1
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,654
"Cricket Game" ~ $.99 for one day

I don't know the first thing about cricket, but this seems like it might be fun. Has anyone tried it yet?

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=300632108&mt=8

Does anyone else think Americans are getting shafted with the sports games? We have a decent soccer game and now cricket, but where's the (American)football and baseball? (I guess "Smash it Up" comes close to an American sport, depending on where you live in America)
01-25-2009, 09:25 PM
#2
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
I don't know the first thing about cricket, but this seems like it might be fun. Has anyone tried it yet?

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=300632108&mt=8

Does anyone else think Americans are getting shafted with the sports games? We have a decent soccer game and now cricket, but where's the (American)football and baseball? (I guess "Smash it Up" comes close to an American sport, depending on where you live in America)
For us there's PocketFootball and one baseball game I believe.

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!

01-25-2009, 09:54 PM
#3
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,841
Closest Approximations

American Football:

•Pocket FootBall

Baseball

•Baseball Superstars (kinda)
•Handheld Games and Flick Sports are working on titles

Basketball

•LKA Basketball (kinda)
•RPG is working on a release

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."
01-25-2009, 09:57 PM
#4
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsamd View Post
American Football:

•Pocket FootBall

Baseball

•Baseball Superstars (kinda)
•Handheld Games and Flick Sports are working on titles

Basketball

•LKA Basketball (kinda)
•RPG is working on a release
You forgot LED Football and LED Basketball

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
01-25-2009, 09:59 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 231
While the game does look nice, I have no interest in it because i'm an American
01-25-2009, 10:40 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by goblues11 View Post
While the game does look nice, I have no interest in it because i'm an American
I am American, yet I may broaden my horizons and try it out.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
01-25-2009, 10:45 PM
#7
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
You forgot LED Football and LED Basketball
"closest approximations"

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."
01-25-2009, 10:46 PM
#8
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,841
One shortcoming of the game is that you only get to play the batsman and not the bowler.

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."
01-25-2009, 11:42 PM
#9
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,654
01-26-2009, 03:40 AM
#10
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,175
Cricket is a must buy for Australians like myself, great game and gets new updates.

I still want an actual Basketball game to please me, avid bbal fan obviously