★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Best RPG's?

01-25-2009, 09:44 PM
Best RPG's?

I am looking for an RPG that doesn't have turned based combat, is long and has levelling up etc. Which ones would you guys recommend?
01-25-2009, 09:46 PM
  1. Chronicles of Inotia: Legend of Feanor
  2. Dungeon & Hero

I've yet to try it, but Imprisoned! may also fall under your category. (I'm not sure though.)

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc

Last edited by Donburns99; 01-25-2009 at 09:51 PM.

01-25-2009, 09:48 PM
The Legend of Zelda with a jailbroken iPhone/iPotch

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
01-25-2009, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
  1. Chronicles of Inotia: Legend of Feanor
  2. Dungeon & Hero

I've yet to try it, but Imprisoned! may also fall under your category. (I'm not sure though.)
Along with those, which are real time, you might want to consider Arvale and vay. These, unlike Inotia and D&H, are turn based. I haven't gotten vay yet, but Arvale's quirky story and fun gameplay made it really enjoyable, WELL worth the $3 price tag IMO. As for vay goes, i've only heard good things about it.
01-25-2009, 09:57 PM
I don't have Inotia but I'm enjoying Dungeon & Hero A LOT, its a very good game. The only thing I don't like is the controls and movement could definitely be smoother and the dialog has bad grammar sometimes which is annoying. Overall though, I LOVE IT!
01-25-2009, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seien View Post
Along with those, which are real time, you might want to consider Arvale and vay. These, unlike Inotia and D&H are turnbased. I haven't gotten vay yet, but Arvale's quirky story and fun gameplay made it really enjoyable, WELL worth the $3 price tag IMO. As for vay, i've only heard good things about it.
Both also amazing, but sadly as you mentioned turn based.

I'd personally recommend Vay above all others if there were no conditions besides RPG. ^ ^

It was the first application I purchased and the only one I planned before I even had the device.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
01-25-2009, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
I'd personally recommend Vay above all others if there were no conditions besides RPG. ^ ^

It was the first application I purchased
Me 2! Well Vay and Monkey Ball, both were bought at the same time...

Yea go for Vay, pretty fun game...

Gamecenter:1337brian
01-25-2009, 10:23 PM
I have vay and have spent around 4 hours on it and I am only 10% done. The combat is fun and the game has a zelda-ish/NES vibe. Worth the 5 dollars
01-25-2009, 11:05 PM
In my personal order of preference:

1. Chronicles of Inotia - lots of grinding involved but for some reason I can't stop playing it. I'm level 40 now about to finish it. I'd say I've spent about 15-20 hours on it already. My most played app ever.

2. Dungeon & Hero - good game so far, more action/rpg than Inotia, more depth / story, quests are mainly kill X amount of monsters or go get X item but otherwise this is probably the most fleshed out RPG available on the app store at this current time.

3. Arvale - Game ported from pocket PC platform, excellent writing, good humour, overall good RPG package. This is turn based combat though.

I've owned Vay since July last year but haven't been able to actually get into it for some reason.

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Solomon's Keep | Endless Depths | Tallowmere
Now Playing: Dungeons of Chaos UNITY EDITION | Siralim 2
01-25-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm a big fan of RPG.
I enjoyed Dungeon & Hero very much and cleared it.
It's a very FUN game. Worth 5 bucks.
I don't want to spend money on other RPGs out there.
I'd rather wait Diablo 1 or 2, Ultima 6 or 7, or Might and Magic etc..