Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-03-2008, 10:15 AM

Default Everest: Hidden Expedition - Big Fish Games $0.99

Has anybody tried it? I tried to download it, but it's over 100MB! It looks like a game in which you have to search for objects at different locations.

Link: http://toucharcade.com/link/http://p...292594307&mt=8
Old 10-03-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandy1997 View Post
Has anybody tried it? I tried to download it, but it's over 100MB! It looks like a game in which you have to search for objects at different locations.
Yes, it's a hidden-object game, been out on PC & Mac for a while. I was wondering if Big Fish Games would be adapting any of their many hidden-object games for iPhone. Note that they offer free demos of all their PC/Mac games so you can at least check it out that way before spending the 99 cents for the iPhone version. Hopefully someone here will try it on both platforms and can let us know how well the game translates from big screen to small.

I bought and am now playing The Stone of Destiny, the only other hidden-object game for iPhone that I know of. (Got it for 99 cents but it's now up to $3 and claims to have a regular price of $10 -- they may have to rethink that if Big Fish Games is only charging $1.) It's not a bad game (as hidden-object games go -- they're not everyone's cup of tea), but I'm not sure it works too well on the small screen, sometimes it's hard to see the smaller objects. Then again I have very poor eyesight, have to wear both contact lenses and reading glasses. So maybe younger, better eyes than mine won't have a problem.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:39 PM

I'm a big 'Seek & Find' fan. Having played the PC counterpart, this game does its job, and does it well.

Being 99 cents, it really isn't that big of a deal if if you don't play these types of games, especially since the other games of the type on the iPhone are more expensive.

The graphics are clean and beautiful, and the game play itself is easy to get into, especially with the pinch zoom technique.

Now if only they port 'the Women's Murder Club' to the iPhone.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom-22 View Post
Yes, it's a hidden-object game, been out on PC & Mac for a while. I was wondering if Big Fish Games would be adapting any of their many hidden-object games for iPhone. Note that they offer free demos of all their PC/Mac games so you can at least check it out that way before spending the 99 cents for the iPhone version. Hopefully someone here will try it on both platforms and can let us know how well the game translates from big screen to small.

I bought and am now playing The Stone of Destiny, the only other hidden-object game for iPhone that I know of. (Got it for 99 cents but it's now up to $3 and claims to have a regular price of $10 -- they may have to rethink that if Big Fish Games is only charging $1.) It's not a bad game (as hidden-object games go -- they're not everyone's cup of tea), but I'm not sure it works too well on the small screen, sometimes it's hard to see the smaller objects. Then again I have very poor eyesight, have to wear both contact lenses and reading glasses. So maybe younger, better eyes than mine won't have a problem.
you can zoom in by pinching, like you would in safari
Old 10-03-2008, 05:21 PM

I'll probably purchase it anyway. For $0.99, it's worth it. I purchased The Stone of Destiny for $0.99, and I'm enjoying it. I play it on the train during my commute, and that game saves its state when you close it down, so I can start back where I left off (it would be great if Bugdom did that!). I have never played these types of games. Do they end at some point? I have gone through quite a few levels on The Stone of Destiny, and it just continues. The Stone of Destiny also has a few puzzles that need to be solved to continue, but it's mostly a seek and find game with a story that you follow throughout the game. The objects are a bit small (and parts of the backgrounds are darker, so it's difficult to see certain objects), but you can zoom in by double-tapping on the screen. The graphics are great, and it has a soundtrack that plays throughout the game. Overall, I like The Stone of Destiny, but it's not worth $10!
Old 10-03-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by break5 View Post
you can zoom in by pinching, like you would in safari
Yes, I know that. It's still a bit too small for comfort for me -- as I said, I have bad eyesight.

@vandy1997 -- I'm pretty sure there'll be an ending. It's usually how these kinds of games work, the same screens get repeated, in different combinations and with different object lists, as you move through the story.

Last edited by thom-22; 10-03-2008 at 07:14 PM..
Old 10-03-2008, 07:28 PM

That's fine if it goes on for a while. Then I get to play it for a longer period of time. I had to do one level over again because I ran out of time, and it didn't repeat the items that I had to find. So even if I complete the game, I can start over because there are quite a few items in each level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom-22 View Post
Yes, I know that. It's still a bit too small for comfort for me -- as I said, I have bad eyesight.

@vandy1997 -- I'm pretty sure there'll be an ending. It's usually how these kinds of games work, the same screens get repeated, in different combinations and with different object lists, as you move through the story.