★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: X's and O's Football is out

01-25-2009, 11:29 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
X's and O's Football is out

[App Store Link]

[Quicktime Video demo]

They only seem to publish very polished apps. ArcadeHoops is still one of my favorites.

Quote:
"In X’s & O’s Football, fight your way downfield to score as many touchdowns as you can in four “60-second” quarters. Playing as the coach, quarterback, and receiver you’ll have to be at the top of your game to earn every first down. Come up short on fourth down, and you’ll be hitting the showers.

As coach, first select the play from the playbook and set your receivers to run a variety of passing routes such as the curl, deep out, and post.

Then as quarterback, set your players in position, hike the ball and choose your receiver. Time your pass carefully to get the ball right into your receiver’s hands, and then control the receiver to run downfield for a touchdown!

Once the receiver has the ball, you can tilt your iPhone/iPod touch to control his movement to the goal line! Use the accelerometer to adjust the running direction by tilting up and down, and adjust the speed by tilting right and left. "

Last edited by salsamd; 01-26-2009 at 07:41 PM.
01-25-2009, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iago View Post
Do a search for skyworks. They only seem to publish very polished apps. ArcadeHoops is still one of my favorites.
here is a link
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=302928347&mt=8

01-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Bought it. love it. It is very polished and it is a great game overall. It reminds me of a game i used to play on bonus.com. "The greatest football game"
it has a lot of potential and it should be able to get global rankings also.
01-25-2009, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iago View Post
Yeah, well when the phone gets cut and paste then it won't be such a pain. Besides, I told you how to find it. Do you need someone to cut your food for you too?
It would help. If you want you can chew it up and then feed it to me while making train noises.

On another note, you can still post app links while on an iPhone you do this: [app)___[/app]
Put the apps name where the underscores are.
I'll demonstrate:
x's & o's football
and
iago sucks

It works most of the time.

Last edited by {klondike}; 01-25-2009 at 11:57 PM.
01-25-2009, 11:39 PM
This looks like it could be good. I like how it's not trying to look better than it is. The helmets for players is an interesting touch.

I'm curious to see a video before I get it, though.
01-25-2009, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by {klondike} View Post
It would help...
Haha

Last edited by salsamd; 01-25-2009 at 11:50 PM.
01-25-2009, 11:52 PM
Waiting for the Superbowl

This comes just after the release of PocketSports Football. It would be interesting to see how many other Football titles are released just before the Superbowl. Perhaps a really solid one on the day of the game.

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."

Last edited by salsamd; 01-25-2009 at 11:54 PM.
01-25-2009, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsamd View Post
This comes just after the release of PocketSports Football. It would be interesting to see how many other Football titles are released just before the Superbowl. Perhaps a really solid one on the day of the game.
You make a good point. Even though this is only $2, I might wait and see what else comes out. I'd love to see a polished football game.
This does look pretty fun, though.
01-26-2009, 02:15 AM
Simple but very fun. It's just passing plays but the D can be tough at times and your accuracy hitting your recievers is key. Football fans and fans of the deep bomb will enjoy this.
01-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post

I'm curious to see a video before I get it, though.
http://www.skyworks.com/iphone/
Shows video of each of their four games.