App description: "It's not completely polished (as I understand it, the whole game is basically the product of one guy's hard work), but if you're interested in an old-school RPG experience, it won't let you down." -TUAW.com, March 17th, 2011

- Description -

Lurk through the dungeon, raise your level, find treasure, forge your equipment, build your house, hire other players, collection your minions, defeat the boss...
Simple and nostalgic dungeon RPG for iPhone.

- Features -

- No in-app purchase! ;)
- Good old dungeon RPG
- Create your own unique character by customizing your strength, stamina, intelligence, and agility
- Hire other players asynchronously to form a party to enter the dungeon
- Collect monsters to fight with you
- Exciting opening cinematic
- Build your own house to store items
- Forge your weapons and armors to make it stronger
- Supports Game Center leaderboards and achievements
- Auto-save on each floor you go down, making it easy to play on the go
- Save on iCloud so you have data on the cloud just in case you lose data on your phone!
- Optimized user experience for one-handed use touch interface
- Awesome reviews on replay-value

- Story -

There's a small island called Eunaba, south of the Hornmare continent. On that small island, a princess was kidnapped by an unknown evil. You as a player must become a mercenary and head to the dungeon to save the princess...

- Gameplay & Opening Movie -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5HKjT_rafI

- Words from the author -
I made this all by myself except for music. I'm still battling on how to make it better. I update the app based on feedbacks and support. Please enjoy!
01-27-2010, 11:16 PM
Ooo, a choose your own adventure game. I love those. Can we get a gameplay video or possibly some impressions if someone wants to TOFTT?

Game Center/OpenFeint/XBL Gamertag: Chrono Gear
Twitter/Plus+/AGON/Scoreloop/PSN ID: ChronoGear
I'm now a writer at No DPad!
IUGO VIP Code: 20752

01-28-2010, 06:28 AM
Trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 01-28-2010 at 06:33 AM.
01-28-2010, 09:04 AM
Any impressions?
01-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Video looks great, very distinct graphical style. Tempted to give this a try.
01-28-2010, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono Gear View Post
Ooo, a choose your own adventure game. I love those.
Anyone who loves Choose Your Own Adventure books should grab Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain ASAP - you won't be disappointed!

As for Dungeons & Such - the video does look impressive, hopefully someone will give us some impressions soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
01-28-2010, 10:26 AM
I like what I see in the vid. Will kiv this one.
01-28-2010, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Trailer:

YouTube: video
Now hold the phone! Music by DJ Flippy is that TA's very own DJ Flippy!?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
01-28-2010, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Now hold the phone! Music by DJ Flippy is that TA's very own DJ Flippy!?
Hey you're right! Totally missed that.
Someone get djflippy here quick to answer this.
01-28-2010, 11:09 AM
A simple but addictive little RPG. Closest thing I can think of is Cozy Quest in terms of gameplay. Without the online aspect but with more depth in the gameplay itself.

You are presented with static screens, and given options such as wander around, descend to lower level, open a chest if you stumble on one, or fight if you encounter monsters.

The combat is turn based, ala pokemon, etc. One glitch(?) during combat, is when you're attacked there is a plain ugly white square that pops up around the monster (visible in the video). I hope that this can get fixed in an update.

You can return to town at any time to rest, buy/sell items, learn new combat attacks and magic spells. Once I encountered a merchant inside the dungeon as well. Death results in being sent back to town with a loss of half your gold.

The interface is clean, fast and intuitive. The pace is good, which I find important in games of this type.

Overall, quite a nice little game. Progress through the dungeon is addictive in the same way roguelikes can be, the upgrading of your character's stats, weapons/armor and learning of new skills/spells adds a good amount of depth.

If you've enjoyed games like Cozy Quest, Yipe5, Fargoal, or any of the roguelikes I think you should check this out.

Last edited by Gabrien; 01-28-2010 at 11:12 AM.