★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Looking for beta testers for an upcoming game!

01-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Looking for beta testers for an upcoming game!

Hi everyone!

Over the past month or so I've been developing my first game, which i'm quite excited/very nervous about releasing. Now since this is my first game (well second actually, but the first had problems which i have yet to sort out, so its on hold for the time being), and I didn't have too much experience coding games, I decided to create a castle defense game, as it is a genre that I enjoy, and relatively simple to create.

Now I know that these types of games are quite common on the app store, but like I said, i wanted to start with something simple, and I'm hoping that you'll enjoy the different game-play mechanics that I've incorporated into my game.

I don't want to give away too much right now, however I am at the stage now where I am looking for beta testers, to help find any bugs, and give ideas for improvements. Its a relatively small game to start with, however I am planning on adding more levels and features as free updates, and I am more than willing to listen to user feedback and incorporate (if i can!) any ideas the community feels would make the game better, and so it will be an ongoing process.

Now then.. for the beta testing, it would be nice to have a range of difference devices for the game to be tested on, including different versions of the iPhone and iPod Touch, and different software versions if possible. I'll be aiming to release the game for the 2.2 software version, hoping that it will reach a wider audience!

So if you're not asleep after reading this, then feel free to give any feedback and request to be a beta tester, I'm open to any suggestions! I'll probably check back later, but if not then i'll be back tomorrow, as I have to go now! After I've chosen who will beta test (if anyone actually wants to!) then I'll send out pm's!

I hope you all have a good evening (or day.. depending on you're time zone!)

Extra details!!
To those of you who requested more details.. here they are!

Ok so the main mechanic of the game, rather than the common 'flicking enemies of the screen' ones, is instead more of a 'select your attack and touch where you want it to go' one, and don't worry I'm not claiming this is unique, I know its been done before! - and there are a range of different attacks that can be used, which need to be thought about for different enemy types.

The theme of the game is a medieval one, including magic and demons etc

the game itself is very simple right now, its simply a matter of surviving as long as you can, with just the one level (which I'm sure will put some people off!). But the main point of the game is to get better and better scores.

I do however plan on adding more levels with future (free) updates, as well as more ways of defending off the enemies, but I want to wait to see what feedback is like, and make improvements based on what the users want to see, so as I said before.. its an ongoing process!!

I hope this is ok for everyone!

Here is an image of the game: (hopefully you'll like it - i'm really not a good artist )
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2010.01.29 19.55.46.png
Views:	8
Size:	331.7 KB
ID:	14245
(also not all the artwork is my own, I have used some from websites who allow it, such as the enemies, however most of the background was made by me)

As mentioned in my last post, here is another small preview of the game, so enjoy!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2010.01.31 19.13.10.png
Views:	1
Size:	305.6 KB
ID:	14280

Thanks for taking the time to read!

Last edited by touchDev192; 01-31-2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: To add extra details.
01-28-2010, 01:01 PM
pics?

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.

01-28-2010, 01:02 PM
can you tease us with any screenshots? ...I like castle defense as a genre, but I know you'd generate some excitement if you had a screenshot or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
01-28-2010, 01:03 PM
I'll give it a try if it's anywhere close to something I might like. But need a lil more info to see if it'll be my type. Can you pm me a bit of info in case you don't want to post here?
01-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Send a message via MSN to rooteboy
ok sure ill beta test your app do i send you a pm or what ???

also can you post some screen shots
01-28-2010, 01:08 PM
i'd like a bit of info too. i dont like applying to stuff which i have no idea what it's about

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
01-28-2010, 01:46 PM
I'd be happy to do some beta testing. Send me a PM..?
01-28-2010, 01:51 PM
Sounds like a good approach, get a feel for wat people want, i would b more than happy to beta test for you, hit me up with a pm.
01-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Yeah, why not.

I'd be happy to beta test your game.

I have an iPhone 3G and 3GS all running the latest software and not jail broken, send me a PM

Mad

www.oneclickmac.com - News, Reviews and Discussion on Mac App Store Gaming.

Latest Reviews:
RAGE Mafia II Doodle Fit
01-28-2010, 01:53 PM
I'd be glad to beta test for you, send me a PM sometime

Lightning Strike Games Development Blog