★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: STORY DRIVEN, SCI-FI, FLYING SHOOTER

"Humans... Ive heard you evolved from monkeys, is that true?"
Zhbyhr-Knagar Pilot

As Captain Jay, you take control of a Space Jet deployed on an alien world. The Planet you're on is inhabited by Knagar, a race of big, green, self important bullies. You must fight your way thru, outsmart them and save the survivors. Fortunately Jay is always there to throw a nice punchline when things get ugly.

TOTAL CONTROL
Intuitive, accelerometer and virtual speed slider make managing the ship a pure pleasure.

TACTICAL SKIRMISHES
Fight floating drones, destroy Knagar ships, attack turrets, and deal with gigantic worms before they swallow your ship or electroduce you.

EXPLORE, FIGHT, RESCUE
Access your handy map and don't get lost on one of 6 big levels, pick up keycards, deactivate forcefields, save survivors and collect powerups.

SHIP'S CAPTAIN
Re-Arm your ship to use one of 6 weapons, Quark Dispeller or Anti-Matter Thrower, or maybe Mega Rockets?

ENERGIZE YOURSELF
Re-Charge your ship's battery by flying over heat bursting volcanoes. Then use the surplus to power your weapons or energy shield.

EYE-POPPING
High-Res graphics suspended in a 3D world accompanied by immerse light effects: explosions, vortexes, thunders.

SARCASTIC
Enjoy humorous dialogs that accompany the player through the game.

CINEMATICS
The game has 4 minute long fun cinematics in it. Check them all out in the full version.

SURVIVAL MODE
Play endlessly with survival mode and compete with other players around the world.

Find out more at:
http://www.frost3d.com

Toad In The Hole's comments:

01-28-2010, 03:05 PM
lawsuit anyone?:P

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.

01-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Awesome trailer, congrats on the release.
01-28-2010, 03:17 PM
These devs rule. Instabuy!

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
01-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Game Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
The game itself has nothing to do with the show/movies, so the name is an odd choice. As people can see on the video, they're going more for a Jax and Daxter vibe, though focusing on the space shooter aspect of those games and not the action/platformer parts. It's actually a decent game, thought the slider thrust control could use some tweaking (it's easy to hit the map button by mistake) and some of the animation (particularly when you destroy a ship) is a bit rough. There's voice acting throughout (surprisingly decent), nicely rendered environments, and some pretty cool giant monsters. I've only played through the first mission, so it's difficult to tell how long the whole game is at this point.

BTW, the game is not on rails, even though the video makes it look like it could be. The levels are pretty much open and there's actually a fair amount of exploration to find power-ups, survivors, etc.

All in all, I like it better than WarMen.
01-28-2010, 03:19 PM
yeah, i agree, maybe they should have made the name a bit different? personally, i was going to disregard this thread due to the name, until i read it clearly and saw it wasnt star trek

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Thats a nice lookin gun.
01-28-2010, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
Unless "Space Trek" is trademarked by somebody else I am not aware of, then this is in no way an infringement on Star Trek so they they won't be sued.

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.
01-28-2010, 03:26 PM
yeah, i know. just wanted to start a bit of a discussion.

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Thats a nice lookin gun.
01-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STP_Tim View Post
Unless "Space Trek" is trademarked by somebody else I am not aware of, then this is in no way an infringement on Star Trek so they they won't be sued.
I think the real point is that it's not the most descriptive name that Frost could have chosen -- and could, in fact, be a bit misleading.
01-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I think the real point is that it's not the most descriptive name that Frost could have chosen -- and could, in fact, be a bit misleading.
Oh, don't get me wrong, it is definitely misleading and an attempt to draw in more eyes.

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.