★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Building a better Bounce Trap - TILT IS OUT!

01-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Building a better Bounce Trap - TILT IS OUT!

BUILDING A BETTER BOUNCE TRAP:

I wanted to announce that Bounce Trap Tilt just got released on iTunes and the App Store.

The original Bounce Trap got some nice reviews on iTunes and in the press.

... this iPhone puzzle game is fun. It's got the addictiveness part down pat. This is one of the first iPhone games that I'd deem worthy for an actual gamer. - Hands-On, Destructoid.com

Addiction is a cruel mistress. She sneaks up on you, luring you with promise of pleasure. It's a rouse, a trap one time and you're hooked. Bounce Trap ensnares you with its easy-to-learn gameplay, drawing you back with its subtle strategic depth. ... Bounce Trap provides polished casual play with enough depth to entertain a seasoned gamer. - PocketGamer

With a mixture of action, strategy, and chance Bounce Trap can get fairly addicting and will provide entertainment for young and old. - AppCraver

But along with that, there was a legitimate criticism that the game needed more interactivity. You could control where the ball was released, but like Peggle, once the ball was released you didn't have any control over it's trajectory.

Well, Bounce Trap Tilt (a free upgrade, of course) now allows you to control the ball by .... tilting the iPhone. You can curve your shots, aim for specific bonus holes etc... We also added a new audio driver and shrunk the game from 26MB to 9.3MB with all the music and sound effects of the original. You can even buy the game ($0.99) directly from your iPhone by texting BOUNCE to 74415.

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
01-26-2009, 11:10 PM
Practically 1/3 of it's original size just from a new audio driver? That is amazing.

Great update, am downloading now. ^ ^

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc

Last edited by Donburns99; 01-26-2009 at 11:14 PM.

01-26-2009, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
Practically 1/3 of it's original size just from a new audio driver? That is amazing.

Great update, am downloading now. ^ ^
Yep. All the audio is there, all at the same high quality, and we got the app under 10MB so you can download it over a 3G or Edge network.

And Tilt is so cool.

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
01-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Note: Don't tilt until after the balls are released. There may be an issue if you tilt the balls above the drop line. The game will save the level you are on, if you have to restart the game.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
01-27-2009, 01:29 PM
FYI: Bounce Trap Tilt is featured in "What's Hot" at iTunes today.

Thanks to all who made that possible.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
01-27-2009, 04:43 PM

woot!

- Shigeru Miyamoto
01-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Congratulations.

The sound effects in this game are absolutely amazing.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
01-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
Congratulations.

The sound effects in this game are absolutely amazing.
Yep, makes a huge difference IMHO. I also like the techno music.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
01-27-2009, 06:39 PM
Here's a tactic to get to high levels. When you get the spawning "bonus balls", use the tilt to get generating them:

- Shigeru Miyamoto
01-28-2009, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayScreen View Post
Note: Don't tilt until after the balls are released. There may be an issue if you tilt the balls above the drop line. The game will save the level you are on, if you have to restart the game.
Is this fixable? I find this glitch pretty annoying.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread