★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: PlayScreen ADDICTION Trivia Contest: Promo code for Bounce Trap Tilt

01-26-2009, 11:14 PM
PlayScreen ADDICTION Trivia Contest: Promo code for Bounce Trap Tilt

Bounce Trap was already an addictive game:

Addiction is a cruel mistress. She sneaks up on you, luring you with promise of pleasure. It's a rouse, a trap one time and you're hooked. Bounce Trap ensnares you with its easy-to-learn gameplay, drawing you back with its subtle strategic depth. ... Bounce Trap provides polished casual play with enough depth to entertain a seasoned gamer. - PocketGamer

In celebration of making an addictive game even more addictive with the addition of tilt control of balls, we're doing a trivia contest about ... addiction.

The rules:

1. No editing of messages.

2. I decide who wins, no whining!

The Question: This famous detective TV show of the 50's and 60's often covered the dangers of drugs as a theme. However one aspect of the show was in fact, a reference to a prescription sedative that was often abused.

What was the name of the show AND what was the drug in question and HOW did it relate to the show. And NO, I will not tell you if you have the show right if you guess that part. There are THREE pieces of information here: The Show, The Drug, and the Link.

(see, you folks have gotten so used to Google that I have had to dig into obscurity in order stump you ... but someone probabily knows this anyway).

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
01-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Title - Martin Kane, Private Eye
Drug - Tobacco
Reason - He always bought a pack of a sponsors cigarettes.

01-26-2009, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy1026 View Post
Title - Martin Kane, Private Eye
Drug - Tobacco
Reason - He always bought a pack of a sponsors cigarettes.
Illegal drug. Keep on trying.

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
01-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Dragnet
Joe Friday
Quaaludes
01-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprodigalson View Post
Dragnet
Joe Friday
Quaaludes
Oh My God!

Ok, you almost have it, what's the LINK?

- Shigeru Miyamoto
01-26-2009, 11:27 PM
Dragnet
Joe Friday
Quaalude

Joe's Badge number was 714 was, the number stamped on U.S. manufactured Quaaludes

Googled like a bandit (for the drug reference)
01-26-2009, 11:29 PM
I knew it had to be dragnet. I was subjected to Dragnet on Nick at Nite growing up a lot (LOT) so I just had to figure out the link.
01-26-2009, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprodigalson View Post
Dragnet
Joe Friday
Quaalude

Joe's Badge number was 714 was, the number stamped on U.S. manufactured Quaaludes

Googled like a bandit (for the drug reference)
You are a Trivia Master.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
01-26-2009, 11:33 PM
Technically my answer was also right, but anyway. Good job aprodigalson! I was on Dragnet, but for some reason thought it was heroin.
01-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the compliment!

Just don't get me started on Quincy or Columbo. heh