★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Zogma: the Tactical Zombie Survival Game. Making the undead, dead again. Out-survive the rest of the world in this frantic zombie survival simulator.

Zogma places you in charge of a group of survivors doing their best to survive a global zombie outbreak. Use a combination of weapon upgrades, barricades and strategy to survive as long as you can against the never ending undead horde. Its time to put the undead back in the ground; one shotgun shell at a time.

The end result is a frantic zombie slaying fest that is part tower defence, part shooter.

Reviews
Slide to Play: 3 / 4 stars, It's an addicting strategic zombie survival game that deserves your attention. Its a hard deal to pass up.

Key Features:
- Specially balanced gameplay for the beginner to hardcore gamer. Put it in fast-forward mode if your feeling especially brave!
- Addictive strategic puzzler. Before you know it, you'll be saying "just one more game"!
- Zombies! The game is optimised to deliver an unrivalled amount of zombies on screen at any one time.
- Choose your tactics; use a different variety of weapons, upgrades and grenades to survive as long as possible.
- Night day cycle. The passing of the days will be reflected in a genuine night / day cycle. If killings zombies by day seems hard, wait till you try it by torch light! Chuck in some storms for good measure and you're in trouble.
- In game tutorials. Get taught to play the game by the best; a reanimated math teacher.
- Themed Levels. Three separate groups of survivors struggle to survive across the globe. One defends a country farm house, another a ruined hospital and the last group of desperados has boarded up a diner. They've got an appetite and you're on the menu!
- Plus+ online gaming community. Be the highest scoring survivor out there, compare your survival statistics against other player's results, challenge your friends and unlock achievements!
- Automatic save game state, return to your game at any stage. Helpful for the die-hard survivalist.
- Monitor the global infection via the Outbreak site, how will your nation fare against the reanimated hordes?

Read the blog and view in-game videos and screen shots at http://www.zogma.mobi/

What are you waiting for? Grab the game and start taking the un out of undead!

Devilishly Good's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
01-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Anyone want to TOFTT?

01-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Downloading now, will post impressions...

AfterPad.com - MFi Gaming News | Game List | Controllers | Twitter
01-28-2010, 07:43 PM
looks neat but i cant spend more than $1 because i only got $7.11 and $6 is for the COD map. Hopefully a price drop will happen because it looks pretty good

Plus+, Openfeint, and Gameloft Live Username: Vester
Add me on GameCenter: Sock Merchant
2/6/11 the Green Bay Packers win Super Bowl XLV
01-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Okay, first impressions:

Seems fun so far, but not especially so. Solid production values, but not great.

The gameplay is sort of like a mix between a dual-stick shooter and a TD game, but not really in the way I'd hope for. You control a couple of guys who are locked in fixed positions, and you manually target waves of undead before they reach you. Weapons are fully upgradable, and they have specific strengths depending on how you use them.

01-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Looks good, I hope the gameplay is good too.
01-28-2010, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacleod View Post
Okay, first impressions:

Seems fun so far, but not especially so. Solid production values, but not great.

The gameplay is sort of like a mix between a dual-stick shooter and a TD game, but not really in the way I'd hope for. You control a couple of guys who are locked in fixed positions, and you manually target waves of undead before they reach you. Weapons are fully upgradable, and they have specific strengths depending on how you use them.
So if they're in a fixed position, how does the duel stick shooting come in to play?

Currently Playing:Monster Dash, Ninjump, Monorace, Run!, Flying Discs, Bejeweled 2, Doodle Jump, Fruit Ninja, Moto X Mayhem, Zombie Escape

Win ANY APP in Headcase Games' Daily 180 Twitter contest!
01-28-2010, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post
So if they're in a fixed position, how does the duel stick shooting come in to play?
Not really much at all come to think of it, perhaps I put it wrong. The only real similarity is that you're controlling just one or two men, but there isn't really much on the way of actual control going on. You can move your guys from one defense point to another, but it isn't really active. It is much more strategic feeling, though it does get hectic when there are a lot of zombies on screen.

I'm liking it so far actually; it doesn't feel like a clone of anything else on the store, which is nice.

01-28-2010, 08:39 PM
I'm going to try this, it looks to be interesting.
01-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacleod View Post
Not really much at all come to think of it, perhaps I put it wrong. The only real similarity is that you're controlling just one or two men, but there isn't really much on the way of actual control going on. You can move your guys from one defense point to another, but it isn't really active. It is much more strategic feeling, though it does get hectic when there are a lot of zombies on screen.

I'm liking it so far actually; it doesn't feel like a clone of anything else on the store, which is nice.
Yeah not really duel stick, interface is primarily tap and/or drag. I play with just one finger but I know others that play with their two index fingers.

You're controlling up to 3 survivors each defending a point within a building (1st level house, 2nd hospital and 3rd a diner). The main interaction in the game is controlling your different weapon combinations, firing points and grenades to manage the zombie approach and prevent them from doing bad things to you. A decent amount of strategic decision is involved in later game and later levels. I.e. the diner car has all 3 firing points facing in different directions so you need to either move your men around to ensure right weapon is coming to play etc.