★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** FreeAppReport.com Showcased App! ***

One Way Home reinvents the way of playing the traditional platform games. Addictive and original, changes the old perspective and controls to adapt them to the potential that iPhone and iPod touch offers.

You will literally walk through different worlds using your fingers, stepping on your enemies, dragging objects, solving puzzles and riding and driving the vehicles and platforms that you'll find in your way.

Watch this gameplay video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0iLDb1x-fc

Features:
* 45 stages divided in four varied and colorful worlds.
* Bronze, silver, and gold medals can be obtained for each level.
* Different vehicles to ride.
* Action and puzzles.
* Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards.
01-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Looked unique enough so I bought it, will post impressions later.

01-28-2010, 11:35 PM
Ok, very cool!
The game involves walking across the screen with you fingers as the only controls you need to know. The screen shows the ground at all time but the ground can be very interesting. You will walk across the terrain covered with different objects and creatures. Collect gold coins, avoid stepping on creatures, with one foot (finger) ride on the turtles back across the water, drag keys to locks, collect health in case you stepped on a creature.... Very fun!
I am not very far into it, only played a few levels so that I could come give my opinion for the cautious buyers, but there are only 2 minor things I could complain about so far.
1. The introductory video went very slowly and there was no 'skip' button. It was not terribly long but it was terribly boring.
2. There should be a guide in the game or in an instruction area that shows which objects you collect, which you avoid, the objects that don't matter.... As is when new objects appear, the instructions are writtern on the ground which most of the time I missed because I guess I was walking too quickly.
Other those little minor points, great game!
01-28-2010, 11:40 PM
01-28-2010, 11:42 PM
Thats not a gameplay video, thats just the instructions. I almost chucked the game just because of the instuctions (where is the 'skip' button) but it was worth the wait.
01-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Videos can be skipped by double-tapping the screen.

This is a gameplay video:

Youtube link | Pop Up
01-30-2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishoper View Post
Videos can be skipped by double-tapping the screen.

This is a gameplay video:

YouTube: video
The idea is funny to me.
01-30-2010, 11:56 AM
That actually looks really interesting. I think a lite version could be really helpful, as at first glance this looks ridiculous, but in action it's really quite cool.
01-30-2010, 11:59 AM
This is one instance where the screenshots did nothing to promote interest but the video is very impressive. Cool game.
01-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Wow...what an amazing game. I have only played a few levels but I am really impressed with this game. This is a game that really takes advantage of the touch screen in a unique way.

I love the graphics, music and gameplay. Cool story idea as well.