★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Space Monkey

10-03-2008, 01:49 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Space Monkey

As was noted on the main page, this game is free for a limited time. I downloaded it and have to say that it's quite fun. Definitely worth checking out and now is the time to do so! Nice graphics style and fun gameplay.
10-03-2008, 02:02 PM
I agree. I've owned since it appeared on the App Store. It gets deeper as you get into it, decent Boss Battles, and excellent controls.

10-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Just got that and Moto Chaser which is 99 cents...
There are sales left and right. I am getting so many games for so cheap that I don't even really delve into the games, since I am slightly casual iPhone gamer, because I hate the idea of losing battery.
10-03-2008, 04:45 PM
I was actually just coming here to make a Space Monkey Thread!

This game is great...the graphics are clean, the presentation and cut scenes are top notch, and the gameplay is deep enough to remain interesting for a long time. Love it.
10-04-2008, 01:28 AM
This is one of those launch game gems that just got lost in the shuffle. I had really wanted to check it out, but just ended up forgetting about it with the constant stream of new games that was coming out. Very glad the price drop brought it back into view, it's a quality game through and through.

Now what ever happen to Critter Crunch... thats one i missed out on too
10-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Yes I think this is a big problem right now... a lot of games are being released that a good and deserve better exposure but get lost on the appStore. I've noticed that the featured sections such as NEW/HOT/WHAT WE'RE PLAYING haven't changed in a week. Apple really need to make sure more games get at least a few days in the spotlight to help us find them.

I think a better promotion system will lead to more stable pricing in the long run...
10-04-2008, 02:25 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
The "New" section is a joke. I don't think it has even had anything new in it except the first day of the AppStore. In fact, the AppStore in general is a joke IMHO. We have to rely on web sites such as this one, AppShopper, etc. And, I really wish it was a web site instead of in iTunes.

Back to the topic though. I was having a lot of fun with Space Monkey until world 2 level 5. For some reason, after battling the iron monkey or whatever he is, you then collect some more garbage and then without fail the game just suddenly says "You Lost" and I have to start over. I haven't lost all (or even much) health. Is there something I'm missing about how you win/lose levels, or is this level of the game just broken?
10-05-2008, 12:47 AM
Man, this game is awesome. I've only played like 5 levels but i'm loving it already.
10-05-2008, 12:48 AM
It's surprisingly addicting for such a simple concept.
10-05-2008, 09:25 PM
I totally recommend this game. A rather unique title of its own, although the fundamentals are by far not significantly complicated!