★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A classic tale of the struggle between a good natured Chef and his menacing mutant food. Jump and throw your trusty copper pot. It's just that simple. But don't let anything get too close!

Play the 13 Course Meal where you take on foes one at a time, or go for the highest score in the Mixed Salad challenge.

Includes bonus silliness like mutant food profiles and shakable "snow" globes.

Food Fight! was named "Free iPhone Game of the Week" and rated 5 stars by iPhone Games Examiner in late January 2010!
02-08-2010, 06:57 PM
1.2 update is out:

What's new
Olga the onion wasn't behaving well, but we've had a talk and straightened her out. A couple of small bugs have been eliminated, but don't worry, no chemical pesticides were used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

03-16-2010, 09:10 PM
Hey, thanks for posting Food Fight! I'm the developer, and Food Fight! is my first game. I just joined touch arcade.

Anybody have opinions?
03-19-2010, 09:29 AM
I grabbed this mistakingly thinking it was a remake of the old arcade game named "Food Fight." It's actually a hillarious little game where you do battle with waves of mutant food. The game is decidedly on the easy side - waves of food float/march towards you, and you pick them off with a combination of lobbing copper pots and leaping+lobbing. Each food type has different behavior, dying animation/sound, and I couldn't stop smiling while I played it. Destroying the hot pepper, for example, causes it to burst into flames. My kids and I are going to be enjoying this for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by design219 View Post
Hey, thanks for posting Food Fight! I'm the developer, and Food Fight! is my first game. I just joined touch arcade.

Anybody have opinions?
03-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Ha, I'll have to look up the original, I'm not familiar with it.

I was really surprised that the name Food Fight wasn't already taken on the App Store. This game is a promotion (although without ads) for a client of ours, professional chefs, who just wanted an app. They had mentioned they occasionally had food fights in the kitchen, so that's where the idea came from.
03-19-2010, 12:21 PM
Quote:

Anybody have opinions?
Mate, really like your game. I laughed so much at the noises (the crying peas and onions hahahaha)!

Very much love the art style. Good luck and congrats!
03-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Good luck and congrats!
Thanks a bunch! Although I've had a number of good reviews, I've really not had all that many downloads... at least for a free game. I do appreciate the feedback.
03-19-2010, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Thanks a bunch! Although I've had a number of good reviews, I've really not had all that many downloads... at least for a free game. I do appreciate the feedback.
Hang in there, people will see this thread and give it a go! Keep posting on here to let everyone know about it.
03-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the nice reviews on the app store! I'll not bump this thread again, but hey, free game here.

I've got a new app coming out in a few days.
03-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Ha, I'll have to look up the original, I'm not familiar with it.

I was really surprised that the name Food Fight wasn't already taken on the App Store. This game is a promotion (although without ads) for a client of ours, professional chefs, who just wanted an app. They had mentioned they occasionally had food fights in the kitchen, so that's where the idea came from.
It probably wasn't taken because it's already trademarked by Atari for their well-known 1983 arcade game. In fact, the original arcade game I think would make an awesome iPhone game. This game actually kind of looks like it based solely on the screenshots.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko