★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: RockYou, Inc.
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 28.3 MB
  • Version: 1.1.22
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Take a thrilling ride through the city that never sleeps with 3D Rollercoaster Rush NY!

The Cheat Pack and Central Park Pack are now live!!

Play 40 ALL NEW action-packed New York City 3D rollercoaster tracks full of steep, sky-scraping peaks, huge drops and gut-wrenching curves! Pull off Extreme Air, Crushing Gs and other insane stunts as you overcome challenging breakable tracks, loop-the-loops, chasm jumps and more! Speed increases your excitement meter, multiplying your score, but even small jolts are enough to send carts hurtling down to the streets below!

FEATURES:
Experience 40 ALL NEW Career tracks + 40 ALL NEW Challenge races with over 100 crazy loop-the-loops, jumps and tunnels in a stunning New York City setting!
New, unlimited ways to crash your cart including terrifying breakable tracks!
Face friends head-to-head in real time with Bluetooth multiplayer mode!
Career Mode Keep your carts intact through huge loop the loops, chasm jumps and more!
Challenge Races race for the best time without flying off the tracks!
Score big with insane stunts like Extreme Air, Crushing Gs and more!
Expertly crafted tracks with realistic coaster physics
Fun and easy iPhone and iPod Touch controls: tilt or touch to go faster or slower your choice!
Play your own songs for the soundtrack to rock New York City!

MORE FUN ON APPLE APP STORE
Check out Rockyous hottest games:Kitchen Scramble,Bingo Blingo,Zombie Lane, Crazy Penguin Catapult, 3D Rollercoaster Rush, 3D Mini Golf Challenge, Tower Bloxx Deluxe 3D, 3D Brick Breaker Revolution, Shaolin Jump, Millionaire City.

All trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.

freedog's comments:

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/new-york-3d-rollercoaster-rush/id352883892?mt=8
01-29-2010, 01:45 AM
Nice! As a rollercoaster junkie & great lover of NYC, this looks really appealing.

01-29-2010, 02:11 AM
Meh, I wish Digital Chocolate would bring more unique games to the touch platform rather than rehashing the same game 3 times already. But from a business perspective I guess it makes sense right? Why work harder to make money when you can make just as much (or even more) on extensions to existing games?
01-29-2010, 02:56 AM
I am just wondering if this has any major differences aside from the backgrounds.
01-29-2010, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchChatterbox View Post
I am just wondering if this has any major differences aside from the backgrounds.
nice question

i was going to buy 3 pack bundle.. but after they released this i will not do it. Will wait until they release 10 pack bundle.

gamecenter id - volodymyrqa
01-29-2010, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khavatari View Post
i was going to buy 3 pack bundle.. but after they released this i will not do it. Will wait until they release 10 pack bundle.
Same. Who knows how many more rollercoaster games they will release. Eventually they will obviously release them as one giant bundle I'm sure.

Game Center/OpenFeint/XBL Gamertag: Chrono Gear
Twitter/Plus+/AGON/Scoreloop/PSN ID: ChronoGear
I'm now a writer at No DPad!
IUGO VIP Code: 20752
01-30-2010, 05:11 AM
I have only bought the original and played the Lite of both the horror & Jurassic ones...

If I was developing this franchise, I would have had a mix of track types in the first game and used patches for building the game into something bigger and better. Then subsequent games would contain really substantial changes - but only after a decent number of patches for the latest.

I think it's a bit much to charge full rate for new backgrounds. Whereas, if there was more of a variety in each release, that would be better for the consumer.

I'm a coaster nut (one of those enthusiasts born and bred) but won't be picking this or the bundle up. Next bundle, maybe. But the devs really need to look at their selling strategy.