★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Skyline Blade Coming Soon...

01-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Skyline Blade Coming Soon...

Skyline Blade is the next title to be released by studio Midnight Status. This 3D helicopter sim already features great physics which place somewhere between the attempt at ultra realism presented by XPlane Helicopter and the ultra easy non-flight model of titles like Flight Stunts. When you take control of the flight model in Skyline Blade, it actually feels like a helicopter. On the flip side, you don't need to know what a collective or a cyclic is to play the game so you don't have to worry about flipping over 10 times before you finally get off the ground.

Gameplay will begin with training and move into full combat situations. An early lock-on weapons system is in place and on display in the video. As the launch nears more information will be revealed.

Youtube link | Pop Up
01-26-2009, 11:52 PM
Unity?

Looks like the controls of the demo App. I would attempt to make them a bit more realistic if I were you. Maybe check out the helicopter controls in Battlefield 2, they are the best arcade style chopper controls I have used.

Otherwise it looks promising.

Support Your Local Developers! Purchase Apps!
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...300161812&mt=8

Last edited by SudoWorks LLC; 01-26-2009 at 11:54 PM.

01-26-2009, 11:53 PM
Send a message via AIM to KindredSpirit Send a message via Skype™ to KindredSpirit
I like the skyline setting, although im a bit worried about the graphics. also, what is the main story or mission that will take place? is it a flight sim/dogfighter with helicopters in a city setting (that does sound cool)? and if so, is there a story?

iMafia = kindred --- Mafia live! code is 538040331
iMob code 100343740
>Life is like a box of terrible analogies<
01-27-2009, 12:03 AM
The physics and camera are original, I'm sick of that tired flight model which keeps getting recycled. This isn't the same old junk, and it feels good. I'm focused on the physics first and foremost, if it doesn't feel good then nothing else is worthwhile. The game will focus on urban combat but will begin with training. Characters like Shirley Hoveart seen in the video will guide you from start to finish. More information on the story will be released as the game gets closer to completion, there are some interesting concepts involved.

The graphics are completely alpha level with merely the "vibe" being present in this video. More detailed graphics are in development.

BTW, Battlefield 2 is my inspiration for chopper controls. I'm surprised you thought of the demo app at all, the flight model is completely different. If you watch you can see cyclic (strafing, forward, and reverse) as well as independent control of the tail.

Last edited by Midnight Status; 01-27-2009 at 12:11 AM.
01-27-2009, 12:16 AM
Send a message via AIM to KindredSpirit Send a message via Skype™ to KindredSpirit
That settles it, im tracking this one. BTW, are you ever going to release a lite version of cosmosis or debris? They look very good, but im a bit hesitant about spending 3$ on them.

iMafia = kindred --- Mafia live! code is 538040331
iMob code 100343740
>Life is like a box of terrible analogies<
01-27-2009, 12:23 AM
Cosmosis QE (free) is out at Midnight (or there abouts). Debris is getting overhauled and there'll be more on that in the near future.
01-27-2009, 01:50 PM
@ KindredSpirit

Here's the link for Cosmosis QE if you want to check it out.