★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Cascadia Games
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 7.7 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Join the furry foursome from Cascadia as they race across a variety of unique and challenging landscapes. Race up mountain trails, cruise the coast, tour tropical beaches, and more! Tweak the controls to best suit your style and emerge victorious. Change the game's speed for a casual or intense experience.

Features

* Four furry racers
* Five crazy power-ups
* Six Grand Prixs
* Nine unique tracks plus mirrored tracks
* Grand Prix, Time Trial, and Free Play
* Touch or tilt steering options
* Adjustable steering for perfect control
* Adjustable game speed

goiMot's comments:

video:
http://vimeo.com/8478846
01-29-2010, 10:20 AM
well this seems very heavily influenced by mario kart!

if someone confirms this has fluid controls im buying in

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014

01-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Same graphical style as Zombie Karts and same developer. ZK was ok but didn't control very well, even after the updates. Game ran very smoothly tho.

May TOFTT ... I love Kart games :-)
01-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Says he added adjustable steering ... Downloading now :-). The dev was active on the ZK thread. Hopefully will pop around here.
01-29-2010, 11:25 AM
I am here. The game was approved by apple in a super fast 3 days. So I am scrambling to catch up! CK has revamped controls. It runs faster than ZK, and thus required more sensitive steering. That led to some experimentation, which resulted in the player's ability to tune steering and adjust the game's speed.

Unlike ZK, thus game was tested primarily on an iPhone 3G (in addition to a 2nd gen Touch). CK is overall a more polished game.
01-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Cool!

I really enjoyed Zombie Kart, controls didn't bother me that much as it was a fun game to play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
01-29-2010, 12:33 PM
for 99c this is awesome!

seemed a little sluggish until i ramped up the game speed and now seems spot on. hope you add some unlockable characters down the line but its a good game out the box, so to speak

01-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidbottle View Post
for 99c this is awesome!

seemed a little sluggish until i ramped up the game speed and now seems spot on. hope you add some unlockable characters down the line but its a good game out the box, so to speak
It is honestly that good? I really wanted to like Zombie Kart, but even after updates found it almost unplayable due to controls. I also kept hoping the visuals would get sharpened up in updates, but they always looked very rudimentary. Has this game truly stepped it up another level? I know it's only a buck, so it's not about price, it's that I have a ton of kart racers and limited space on my phone.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
01-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
It is honestly that good? I really wanted to like Zombie Kart, but even after updates found it almost unplayable due to controls. I also kept hoping the visuals would get sharpened up in updates, but they always looked very rudimentary. Has this game truly stepped it up another level? I know it's only a buck, so it's not about price, it's that I have a ton of kart racers and limited space on my phone.
well if im honest it could do with a little tuning. the tilt controls (not my preferred choice) seem far better than touch controls.

i never played ZK to compare, so assume its just a reskin of that with more control options. its yer basic mario kart clone (alas no coins tho ) with 4 playable characters.

i like it tho!

01-29-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm struggling with the controls as well. Adjustments definitely welcome but not clear if I will find a sweet spot or not. I like my kart games on the slower side and have the speed at 1 or 2. My kart actually skids a bit now - or if it did skid before I wasn't noticing.

I ended up deleting zombie kart in favor of other racers on my phone (so many!) but I like that the dev is responsive, I like the simpler graphics for a change, frame rate is rock solid, and it's $.99.

If I can find tuning I like it will be a fun option that could stay on my phone a while.