★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Super Monkey Ball Lite

01-27-2009, 12:29 AM
Super Monkey Ball Lite

Super monkey ball lite is out.

Finally i can try it!

Edit:
[App Store Link]

Quote:
"Let’s roll! Guide a cute little monkey encased in a transparent ball to victory by tilting and rolling him through a variety of slopes and turns. You must navigate a large variety of obstacle courses to reach goal lines within set time limits. Collect as many bananas as you can along the way and you'll be able to increase your remaining lives. Enjoy rich 3D graphics with an easy-to-master control system that utilizes the accelerometer inside your device. Insanely fun and addicting! Features a tutorial and 3 stages from the full game.

• 3 action packed stages from full game
• Tutorial"

Playing Right Now: Need For Speed, Defend Your Castle, Lemonade Tycoon
CANT WAIT FOR NFS!!!
Ipod Touch 1st Gen! AND I HAVE 3.0!
Follow Me on Twitter

Last edited by salsamd; 01-27-2009 at 12:55 AM.
01-27-2009, 12:47 AM
Send a message via AIM to Kuratsu Send a message via MSN to Kuratsu
Happy I can finally give this app a shot. But seriously Sega, you should be all over the app store by now.

2nd Generation iPod Touch 16GB
Always willing to beta test and provide feedback. PM me.
Follow me on twitter! www.twitter.com/kurasu

01-27-2009, 12:49 AM
It's the tutorial and 3 levels from the full game.

From the look of the screenshots, I think one of those levels is sorta far into the game. That's pretty cool.
01-27-2009, 01:17 AM
Since Super Monkey Ball usually stops being fun for me after 2 or 3 stages, regardless of which platform it is, this is ideal for me.
01-27-2009, 01:25 AM
Send a message via MSN to D.Sync Send a message via Yahoo to D.Sync
No offense but I'm definitely not buying this game, even after I had tried out the lite version.

Updates from Casual Gamer

Plus+ ID: dsync89 (active in all We Rule, We Farm and We City)
OpenFeint ID: dsync89
01-27-2009, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Sync View Post
No offense but I'm definitely not buying this game, even after I had tried out the lite version.
Don't see any Sega representatives here, so you aren't offending anyone.

Interesting that the link works before it can even be searched or seen on the Sega page. Am downloading now. ^ ^

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
01-27-2009, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeks View Post
Since Super Monkey Ball usually stops being fun for me after 2 or 3 stages, regardless of which platform it is, this is ideal for me.
lol. true for me too, but i'd slightly rearrange that statement to -

Generally, since most games usually stop being fun for me after 2 or 3 stages, regardless of which game it is, this is ideal for me

01-27-2009, 05:49 AM
I love that game, and regarding most people's comments about the controls being too difficult, too sensitive or even too broken I completely disagree.
After a few stages, you get used to it very quickly and I found the game really quite easy (but still challenging at the end)

I can complete the basic game in a couple of hours now, but can't unlock the hidden levels yet (too difficult to get all the bananas but still trying!)

Still think its the most polished and most console-like game on the AppStore today.
01-27-2009, 08:04 AM
Yeah, I have had the full version for about a month. I love this game and have beat all the worlds all the way up to the last half of the last one.

I think what gets people is that this game actually requires a steady hand and a LOT of concentration.

I fully understand that some people find games of this type more of a chore than being fun, but all the negative plublicity is not really well founded.

We all know that the Super Monkey Ball games are extremely difficult, that is just how they are.

Btw, I love the shuffle mode, it is one of the features they should add to the console versions.
01-27-2009, 09:36 AM
The game looks promising but they really need a price drop 7.99 is still steep monkey balls been out longer then rolando and that dropped. Go figure though it's Sega