★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Awarded Best International Submission at GS Challenge, MACworld in San Fransisco 2010.

Stairs is a game made entirely out of clay animation. Original music by Niklas Swanberg.

One night you find yourself in a stairway, going down into total darkness. Strange creatures cross your path, but by leaning against the wall you can stay out of sight. What is going on at the bottom of the stairs, and what are the creatures talking about?

Press the foot icon to walk. Release it to hide. Watch out for the lights. If you need to, unscrew the lightbulb by tapping on it. Catch the whirlwinds to run undetected for a short period of time. Look out for the spiders, as they will make you run in panic.

Apostrophe Stockholm 2010

Please visit www.apostrophe.biz
01-29-2010, 08:16 PM
Downloading, thanks.

gamecenter id - volodymyrqa

01-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Interesting...

Made it to 640 steps. Is there an end to the madness???
01-29-2010, 09:02 PM
Reached 1600 steps. But the big problem is, their is no difficulty curve. It's just the same over and over again. Just the dialogue is changing But really, if this game would become harder the deeper you go, it would be a lot better!

Sound and graphics are already very nice. Could be a fantastic niche game.
Just make it more challenging. With a curve.

Cheers,
Rocco

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
01-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
Reached 1600 steps. But the big problem is, their is no difficulty curve. It's just the same over and over again. Just the dialogue is changing But really, if this game would become harder the deeper you go, it would be a lot better!

Sound and graphics are already very nice. Could be a fantastic niche game.
Just make it more challenging. With a curve.

Cheers,
Rocco

I agree. Also add openfeint
01-29-2010, 09:44 PM
This game's actually not too bad. Kinda like a stop motion David Lynch movie. I really dig it. Agreed with the comments about the difficulty, although, after 1000 steps, the repetition almost starts to become the difficulty in and of itself.
01-29-2010, 09:56 PM
thanks for the head up. im guessing this is a balance game

http://appshopper.com/games/balance-bob
its free too.. kind of fun.. if you like the stair game you probably like balance bob.

will give this a try. tahnks for the link.

sorta like
01-29-2010, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid187 View Post
thanks for the head up. im guessing this is a balance game

http://appshopper.com/games/balance-bob
its free too.. kind of fun.. if you like the stair game you probably like balance bob.

will give this a try. tahnks for the link.

sorta like
Its more of a 'keep walking till you get hit' type of game. You have to press the foot in order to become invisible when an enemy approaches. It can get pretty repetitive after a while though.
01-29-2010, 10:31 PM
I like it. It can become popular after mentioned here improvements.

gamecenter id - volodymyrqa
01-30-2010, 01:08 PM
I definitely like this as well and I like the current difficulty. The further you go down then it makes it more a matter of staying alert to avoid the monsters.

I just wish it was quicker to unscrew the lightbulbs because right now you have to tap and hold for a second or two and then tap and hold again as you slowly unscrew the thing. Also, it would be awesome to have global leaderboards as well via OpenFeint.

...but it's one of those games that's exceedingly simple that I can see myself playing while waiting in line or whatever as something you can stop playing at a moment's notice. I really like the claymation art as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

Last edited by Devilishly Good; 01-30-2010 at 01:10 PM.