★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Cosmosis QE (Free)

01-27-2009, 02:03 AM
Cosmosis QE (Free)

Cosmosis QE is now available. This is a free version of the pick up and play game Cosmosis. The premise is simple but addictive.
01-27-2009, 02:24 AM
Hmm, i kinda like it, i cant tell too much from the screens though.

Hmm, looks like ill have to dl it.... oh darn.... lol

Cobalt and Calcium- THE Coheed and Cambria fansite- NEW ALBUM COMING SOON!!!!

Waiting for- Bioshock, NHL 10, FIFA 10, Guerrilla Bob, NOVA, Sketch Nation

01-27-2009, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDeliriumTrigger View Post
Hmm, i kinda like it, i cant tell too much from the screens though.

Hmm, looks like ill have to dl it.... oh darn.... lol

There is a gameplay video of the paid game in the first Cosmosis thread.

I still remember the claustrophobic feeling I got from watching it.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
01-27-2009, 12:03 PM
BTW, I did another video which isn't claustrophobic

Youtube link | Pop Up
01-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Very cool, I got a much better feel for the game play thanks to the new video.

So this is a match-2 then?

Interesting choice, it seems to work well due to the environment and how easy it is to get a game over.

Reminds me a lot of Flexis, it is unstructured in the same way when compared to the traditional match games.

I like that you can change the shape of the pieces, that is a nice touch.

The platform appears to be circular and spinning (rotating). If this is correct, it seems kind of weird that the pieces themselves stay in the background of the platform in a seemingly straight line.

Sure, it works for the game play, but to be on that spinning platform I'd expect them to eventually spin to the foreground and then back to the background as the platform spins. (Similar to a microwave)

Would make the game a lot more complicated and require more of a 3D aspect, on top of full use of the accelerometer rather than just left-to-right (side-to-side).

Would be interesting though, the pieces would most likely fall from the direct center of the platform that way.

Anyways, the game is interesting, but I'm not the biggest fan of Flexis, which is what I can currently compare this game closest to. If I get the chance sometime in the future, I'll pick it up and try it out, but it's not high on my list. (Sorry, being honest here.)

I can't place it, but something just seems missing. Once again being honest, and this is the first game I've said this about (so I'm sorry in a way), but this is the sort of game I wouldn't be surprised to see as a mini-game in the ending credits of another game. I got that feeling while watching the YouTube; I don't really believe it should be this way, but it just feels that way.

I hope you don't take my comments personally in a negative way, they're not meant to be.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc

Last edited by Donburns99; 01-27-2009 at 06:21 PM.
01-27-2009, 08:13 PM
LOL, well it was a mini-game contained within Debris so that feeling isn't misplaced. People seemed to enjoy it so much though, that I decided to expand upon it. Did you try out the free version or just watch the video? The spinning cloud is a black hole and the shapes are matter being broken down and assimilated.
01-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Status View Post
LOL, well it was a mini-game contained within Debris so that feeling isn't misplaced. People seemed to enjoy it so much though, that I decided to expand upon it. Did you try out the free version or just watch the video? The spinning cloud is a black hole and the shapes are matter being broken down and assimilated.
How ironically interesting.

I simply watched the video, my backlog is too big right now to try a Lite version.

I have 6-7 titles currently lost in limbo off my iPod dock that I'm trying to fit in. ^ ^

01-27-2009, 08:33 PM
Anyway, this is a very simple game. Other games like BoomShine seem to do very well with even simpler implementations so I don't think added complexity is necessary for a pick up and play title. Still, this game contains various bonuses, shape, and backdrop options which do create a lot of depth since each choice impacts your score depending on your play style.