★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Football Manager ?

01-27-2009, 07:38 AM
#1
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 14
Football Manager ?

Has anyone seen or heard of a Football Manager Sim under development ?

I think that it could port well on the ipod touch.

File size would not really be that much of an issue and the CPU is more than capable.

Any rumours out there ?

Gameloft get on it, bring your Football Manager 2009 to the ipod it is on all other phones Sony Ecrisson Sagem Nokia etc.

Why not Apple iphione and ipod touch ?

I have done a search on a few websites there would be a market for it

Any information gratefully received.

Thanks All
01-27-2009, 07:42 AM
#2
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 336
Try emailing GameLoft, it may be in the pipeline then.

01-27-2009, 08:52 AM
#3
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 14
Will do
01-27-2009, 09:46 AM
#4
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 14
I am still waiting for my gameloft password to be processed so I can get on their forums

I will report back when I do the game Football Manager 2009 looks great and is already available on many handsets.
01-27-2009, 09:47 AM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
Has anyone seen or heard of a Football Manager Sim under development ?

I think that it could port well on the ipod touch.

File size would not really be that much of an issue and the CPU is more than capable.

Any rumours out there ?

Gameloft get on it, bring your Football Manager 2009 to the ipod it is on all other phones Sony Ecrisson Sagem Nokia etc.

Why not Apple iphione and ipod touch ?

I have done a search on a few websites there would be a market for it

Any information gratefully received.

Thanks All
Football manager games are very processor intensive. They are basically huge number crunching databases. It would have to be a very stripped down version of fm2009
01-27-2009, 09:56 AM
#6
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchillesReborn View Post
Football manager games are very processor intensive. They are basically huge number crunching databases. It would have to be a very stripped down version of fm2009
That is partly true, but considering old football manager games used to run on old 486 PC's I don't think we have a problem here.
01-27-2009, 10:01 AM
#7
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 14
The processor power of the ipod touch and even the iphone is more than a most handhelds out there in the market place according to this forum.

And if the format can be support by age old phones by Nokia Sagem and Sony etc then why not Apple, the hardware should be more than capable.

According the Gameloft forums people are enjoying the playability and depth and there doesnt seems to be any haters out there at present (except for a few bugs) according to my brief research on their website.

I will keep looking
01-27-2009, 10:05 AM
#8
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phi6 View Post
That is partly true, but considering old football manager games used to run on old 486 PC's I don't think we have a problem here.
Also they are only processor intensive in between turns, so you could easily progress bar that.
01-27-2009, 10:13 AM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phi6 View Post
That is partly true, but considering old football manager games used to run on old 486 PC's I don't think we have a problem here.
True. But the OP was talking about FM2009. The PSP port is a pretty basic version of the PC version. I can't imagine the app store version being any different.
01-27-2009, 01:28 PM
#10
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 14
Sorry I am not being clear Football Manager 2009 is available to download to various held held units and older specified phone on the Gameloft website. So there is already a well played version of Football Manager 2009 being actively used on older models of hardware with lower and slower specs. The forums for the game talk about youth training and porting directly from Real Football 2009 so if this a stripped own version of the computer version it still has depth and lots of playability.

So why not tap into one of the newest and fastest growing platforms out there ie the iphone and ipod touch.

We have had Real Football 2009 - Why not the Football Manager version?

Seems a bit strange

Hopefully Gameloft will get back to me

I would be very interested in this type of app