★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Logic Football game for iPhone

01-30-2010, 07:52 AM
Logic Football game for iPhone

Hello everyone,

My new football game has just been released!

Logic Football is a turn-based strategy game. The rules are simple but the game is very challenging.

The game board is a football field divided in square boxes. The objective is to kick the ball through the goal posts at the opponent's end zone, advancing through the marked points. You take turns drawing a line from one point to the next, moving the ball as you go.

You can't move back across lines that have already been drawn. If you touch a point where it has been moved before or a point that is part of the border line, you get to move again.

- Simple and intuitive touch control
- Addictive game play against the computer or a friend on the same device or over Wi-Fi
- Choose between three levels of difficulty
- Configurable game options (match mode, field type and size, player names, sound)
- Automatic save and resume game capability
- Instant Replay

To find out more you can also visit:
- My website: http://football.p4o.net/
- iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=352729093&mt=8

If you like other sports, Paper Soccer, Paper Hockey and Paper Basketball are also available on AppStore!

I hope you'll enjoy these games!
01-30-2010, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

01-31-2010, 01:50 AM
Hmm looks interesting. I will be following this app
02-01-2010, 10:57 AM
This game is exactly like Paper Hockey that came out a little over a month ago. I already have that one and will probably pass on this one, but I will tell you that the basic play of the game is very fun and challenging.

The key it to find the best string of moves to move your ball down the field, and getting it into the corners is always good because you can usually score if you can do that.

If you like a good challenge and love the idea of always trying to think a move or two ahead, I'd recommend the game. If you're a bigger fan of hockey than American Football you can check out the other one... And I think there's a soccer (or football to the rest of the world) version of this floating around in the app store.

Presentation of the game looks nice and if the AI is anything like the Paper Hockey game, you're in for a tough fight.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
02-01-2010, 11:03 AM
My bad...

The same Dev that made the Hockey game made this one... so it basically is the same game. Guess I should have taken a peek at that.

But now you've got four (I forgot basketball) versions of the same basic game to match the sport you're most into. I would like to see something different with the games, however, and the basketball seems to be the best fit for the difference. Here's a little note to the dev... Make the baskets worth more points if they use up more than a set amount of "bounces". This could be something like "6 Bounces" for a three pointer. Then make the game the first to eleven instead of the three points you've done in the past.

For me the game seems to work the best for Hockey because of the back and forth nature of the sport and the ricochet nature of the passing and so on.

But again... very nice pick up and play game. And it's a lot of fun to play with another person as well.

Agent of TOFTT
02-02-2010, 10:10 AM
The Paper Basketball version just was released today!

- iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=352729093&mt=8

Thank you very much QuickWit for your suggestions, very helpful!
I've submitted an update with the "6 Bounces" rule for a three pointer.
As far as match length, you can play to a specified number of points (3, 6 .. 100) or for a given time period (5, 10, 15 minutes).
02-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Cool... I was thinking that I was happy enough with the Paper Hockey Game, but now I'll have to get the Basketball one and go for the Three Pointer.

You could probably look at doing the same type of thing with football... You could have the game played to a certain amount of points (like you're doing for basketball) and have different things like 8 bounces is a Touchdown, 5-7 bounces is a Field Goal, 3-4 is worth Two Points (Safety), and 1-2 is worth one point (PAT).

This would give that game an extra bit of strategy. And, of course, you should make these options so that people can play with the extra points or they can play the traditional type where one goal is one point and you play to three.

Best of luck with the game. I have really enjoyed Paper Hockey and will look forward to playing the Basketball version.

Agent of TOFTT
02-02-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm really glad you liked my hockey game.

And thank you again for your suggestions! I will definitely add new features to the game to make it more popular and fun to play.