★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Which app has the best implementation of a leader board?

01-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Which app has the best implementation of a leader board?

Hi

We're planning to build a leader board for our new app Super Quadra.

What app would you say has the best implementation of a leader board?

What do you like/dislike about various leader board implementations?

Christopher York
Blue Ox Technologies Ltd.
01-27-2009, 09:27 AM
I think most people will agree that any device should have only one slot on the leader board. Nothing worse then one kid hogging all the top spots. I used to like the leader board for removeem - they had a weekly board and an all time one (if I am remembering correctly). The weekly board is a nice touch, since it kinda resets each week giving you a fresh start at making it to the top.

01-27-2009, 11:10 AM
Further than removem, Lock n Roll has a past 24 hours, weekly (or monthly?), then all time. It's nice. Have I made it? heck no!

MacBookPro 17" 2.33, 23" LCD, Ipod Touch 1st Gen- JB'd, Iphone 3g - not JB'd----yet.
01-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Slingshot, Frenzic and Solar Blaster...

Gravity is my game :: Top Slingshot Player and working to get my #1 spot in Orbital back...
01-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Well my implementation of the leader board on Mizoo and Mizoo Lite is pretty neat even if I do say so myself. None of this registering e-mails and rubbish. Just uses the Device ID and a user entered name. Check it out
01-27-2009, 01:22 PM
In deference to what Nickels said about one person hogging up the leaderboard (i have no idea what ur talking about *cough* slingshot* ahem..)

What about games featuring the top 2 scores from one player? That would not hog up the board and would provide more insight to the best players and incentive to play.

Gravity is my game :: Top Slingshot Player and working to get my #1 spot in Orbital back...
01-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Look into Frenzic, it has one of the best UI's out there.

It's a superbly polished game, but the game play just doesn't do it for me.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
01-27-2009, 11:27 PM
Location Based Leaderboard

Self promotion alert...

Global leader boards get boring. We have integrated our local leader boards into 8 iphone games in the last 2 weeks. With very little integration you can allow users to compete for the top score in 10000+ cities and towns across the world. We roll the local boards into state wide, country wide and global boards as well and we provide an ad share for developers.

For example, Lemonade Stand has people competing for the top lemonade stand in thousands of cities across the world. See www.geocade.com for more info.
01-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazrhog View Post
Well my implementation of the leader board on Mizoo and Mizoo Lite is pretty neat even if I do say so myself. None of this registering e-mails and rubbish. Just uses the Device ID and a user entered name. Check it out
Problem with that is it's not portable. If your device gets lost/stolen or you upgrade to newer one, then what?

--Eric