★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Zombieville USA update ideas

01-30-2010, 10:29 PM
Zombieville USA update ideas

1. Survival Mode
Here's what i'm picturing, Survival Mode........You start in a level of about half the length of a normal level. There is ONE big house that you cannot go into during levels in the middle - It is where you buy things in between waves. There are 1 minute waves of zombies, and at the end of each wave their is a new boss zombie. The boss has the speed of the 'sprinter' zombie and the lots of health! Each wave = +zombies +zombiehealth +boss stats to the next wave! You can buy stuff at the end of each wave in 'THE HOUSE'

1.1 Rescue Mode

Levels are 2x as long. Lots of houses. You go into every house to find survivors. You find them. You protect them. You bring them back to your safe house area at the level start. You go look for more. Repeat until all survivors are found. You can only but things in your safehouse area: so stock up before going out to get another one. There's a timer starting at 3:00 when you leave. Each survivor rescued = +30 seconds on the clock.
1.2 Endless Mode
Same thing as now, except the level just keeps going and going. NO GOING BACKWARDS! You find things ONLY. No buying. However, you can find weapons and health!

2. Timed levels
Right now, the best way to win - or at least a good strategy is to just wait at the end of the level and rack up melee kills. What I suggest is if you finish in say a minute, you get 300 dollars. If you finish in 45 seconds you get, 500 dollars. etc etc.. It would be cool to skip houses to get more money.
Maybe a 'timer' function to be enabled via options menu?

3. Different Scenery/Routes

I'm picturing (in a new setting) the abillity to jump up to other routes via staircase . Also, multiple route options to get to point B. i.e. take the bottom sewers down a ladder/stairs where their may be less houses to take cover, and more zombies, but less distance.
The basic variables being:
1. normal zombie number
2. special zombie number
3. Distance to Point B
4. number of houses
5. likelihood to find ammo/health/money.

Maybe even the option to cross routes in the middle.
Even simpler, you could make those variables can make up each level to make them unique (maybe in survival mode). i.e. level 18 has -houses, +distance. +zombienumber, -specialnumber likelihood level 'high'
level 25 has +houses, -zombienumber, ++distance, +specialnumber likelihood level 'med'

4. New zombie
I'm thinking one that throws things at you from afar but has very little health.
might be uneeded

5. Temporary Weapon Upgrades/Items

Weapon Upgrades (probably too confusing)
lasts for one level. cost money, but can be found
Hollow Point/FMJ bullet upgrade (increased damage) $250
Melee Weapon steel casting (increased melee damage) $250
Items
You can carry one item. Use it by pressing the new 'item' button when in a house only. Items cost money, but can be found.
1. Health Pack (heal ~25% of your health instantly in the level) $150
2. Adrenaline (straight out of L4D2) faster moving, +melee weapon speed, and +melee weapon damage. lasts for ~8 seconds. $150
I can't think of anymore right now. Got any ideas?

6. New Weapons (may be uneeded)

alternate weapons (not upgrade, alternate upgrades to the weapon you currently have. it'll appear next to the current upgrade. i.e. upgrade 1 ($650) - upgrade 2 ($600)
1. Club : +range, slow hit speed, +zombie knockback, slightly lower damage
2. SuperShotgun: slow fire rate, has knockback similar to melee weapons, ++damage
I can't think of anything right now. Got any ideas?

7. ONLINE LEADERBOARDS
nuff' said

Summary:

NEW GAME MODE(S)
NEW WEAPONS
NEW LEVELS/SCENERY
NEW ZOMBIES
LOW LEVEL TIME = MORE POINTS
*WEAPON UPGRADES
*ITEMS

What are your ideas to add some more variety into this simple game? I do not want to detract from the simple, yet challenging gameplay, but I fear I might have. The main things I want are new modes, leaderboards, and new levels.

Last edited by foppajoe; 01-30-2010 at 10:42 PM.
01-30-2010, 10:32 PM
Send a message via AIM to KGameLover1
Quote:
Originally Posted by foppajoe View Post
1. Survival Mode
Here's what i'm picturing, Survival Mode........You start in a level of about half the length of a normal level. There is ONE big house that you cannot go into during levels in the middle - It is where you buy things in between waves. There are 1 minute waves of zombies, and at the end of each wave their is a new boss zombie. The boss has the speed of the 'sprinter' zombie and the lots of health! Each wave = +zombies +zombiehealth +boss stats to the next wave! You can buy stuff at the end of each wave in 'THE HOUSE'

1.5 Rescue Mode

Levels are 2x as long. Lots of houses. You go into every house to find survivors. You find them. You protect them. You bring them back to your safe house area at the level start. You go look for more. Repeat until all survivors are found. You can only but things in your safehouse area: so stock up before going out to get another one. There's a timer starting at 3:00 when you leave. Each survivor rescued = +30 seconds on the clock.
2. Timed levels
Right now, the best way to win - or at least a good strategy is to just wait at the end of the level and rack up melee kills. What I suggest is if you finish in say a minute, you get 300 dollars. If you finish in 45 seconds you get, 500 dollars. etc etc.. It would be cool to skip houses to get more money.
Maybe a 'timer' function to be enabled via options menu?

3. Different Scenery/Routes

I'm picturing (in a new setting) the abillity to jump up to other routes via staircase . Also, multiple route options to get to point B. i.e. take the bottom sewers down a ladder/stairs where their may be less houses to take cover, and more zombies, but less distance.
The basic variables being:
1. normal zombie number
2. special zombie number
3. Distance to Point B
4. number of houses
5. likelihood to find ammo/health/money.

Maybe even the option to cross routes in the middle.
Even simpler, you could make those variables can make up each level to make them unique (maybe in survival mode). i.e. level 18 has -houses, +distance. +zombienumber, -specialnumber likelihood level 'high'
level 25 has +houses, -zombienumber, ++distance, +specialnumber likelihood level 'med'

4. New zombie
I'm thinking one that throws things at you from afar but has very little health.
might be uneeded

5. Temporary Weapon Upgrades/Items

Weapon Upgrades (probably too confusing)
lasts for one level. cost money, but can be found
Hollow Point/FMJ bullet upgrade (increased damage) $250
Melee Weapon steel casting (increased melee damage) $250
Items
You can carry one item. Use it by pressing the new 'item' button when in a house only. Items cost money, but can be found.
1. Health Pack (heal ~25% of your health instantly in the level) $150
2. Adrenaline (straight out of L4D2) faster moving, +melee weapon speed, and +melee weapon damage. lasts for ~8 seconds. $150
I can't think of anymore right now. Got any ideas?

6. New Weapons (may be uneeded)

alternate weapons (not upgrade, alternate upgrades to the weapon you currently have. it'll appear next to the current upgrade. i.e. upgrade 1 ($650) - upgrade 2 ($600)
1. Club : +range, slow hit speed, +zombie knockback, slightly lower damage
2. SuperShotgun: slow fire rate, has knockback similar to melee weapons, ++damage
I can't think of anything right now. Got any ideas?

Summary:

NEW GAME MODE(S)
NEW WEAPONS
NEW LEVELS/SCENERY
NEW ZOMBIES
LOW LEVEL TIME = MORE POINTS
*WEAPON UPGRADES
*ITEMS

What are your ideas to add some more variety into this simple game? I do not want to detract from the simple, yet challenging gameplay, but I fear I might have. The main things I want are new modes, and new levels.
Those are all great ideas but I think they're too busy with OMG Pirates! right now.

01-30-2010, 10:35 PM
Get Doodle Army.
01-30-2010, 10:39 PM
need to add leaderboards to our games make it more replay
01-30-2010, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronAMV View Post
Get Doodle Army.
will look into it. The multiple level routes, i really don't care about. just the gamemodes, timed levels, new scenery, and the leaderboards really. also,different weapon upgrade choices would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny7 View Post
need to add leaderboards to our games make it more replay
forgot to add that. thanks.
02-01-2010, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGameLover1 View Post
Those are all great ideas but I think they're too busy with OMG Pirates! right now.
I hope they don't stop updating zombieville usa! one of my favorite games. im playing right now
02-01-2010, 03:06 AM
I actually like a lot of these ideas.

It never ceases to amaze me the level of enthusiasm that still exists for Zombieville. We definitely plan to keep adding on to it, and may yet give it a full-on sequel at some point, as it's showing its age a bit compared to other shooters on the app store (coming up on its first birthday, woohoo!)
02-01-2010, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMobile View Post
I actually like a lot of these ideas.

It never ceases to amaze me the level of enthusiasm that still exists for Zombieville. We definitely plan to keep adding on to it, and may yet give it a full-on sequel at some point, as it's showing its age a bit compared to other shooters on the app store (coming up on its first birthday, woohoo!)
So there will be more updates?

Game Center: Diligence
02-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGameLover1 View Post
Is there an update in development?
02-01-2010, 12:50 PM
its unnecessary, not UNEEDED