★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Would you like GTA 3 on the iphone?

View Poll Results: Would you like GTA 3 on the iphone?
HELL YEA! 50 84.75%
No thanks. 9 15.25%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll
01-31-2010, 11:38 AM
Would you like GTA 3 on the iphone?

I loved GTA Chinatown Wars, it was just beatiful and had like a TON of content. Although i finished the game, it took me 26 hours only for story missions and drug dealers (and a couple of cameras). IT is the most awesome and long game on the App Store no doubt. The only thing i missed was the full 3D graphics instead of bird-view, but i know that CTW is the most beautiful in bird-view, so i decided to ask you Touch Arcadians, my brothers - would you like a port of the classic GTA 3 on the iphone (with watered-down textures and effects, but all the content and fun)?? PLEASE vote in the poll: maybe we can get R*'s attention if we get enough votes (and i think we will, considering GTA CTW success)
Thanks brothers.

Currently playing: max payne, gta III (VC and SA), KOTOR, Man of Steel, Zombie Smash, Jetpack Joyride, Doodle Jump.
Waiting for: Forgotten Memories, The Witness, Transistor (?), Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

Last edited by Dan007; 01-31-2010 at 11:41 AM.
01-31-2010, 11:39 AM
Send a message via MSN to spidey146 Send a message via Yahoo to spidey146
As cool as it may be we will NEVER get R* attention, sorry dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Porkenheimer View Post
Someone is ridiculing Big Albie? Kill him.
Always remember, you can't spell slaughter without laughter.

01-31-2010, 01:08 PM
yeah, if it is full OpenGL 2.0 and is beastly and awesome and has better graphics than PSP Vice City.
01-31-2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhondTouch3G View Post
yeah, if it is full OpenGL 2.0 and is beastly and awesome and has better graphics than PSP Vice City.
yet another GTA thread.... sigh. and i dont like when people say that a game is no doubt the best game on the app store. its annoying really...
01-31-2010, 02:16 PM
GTA 3 for the iPhone would be awesome, Gangstar is okay.. But it's not a very good game, at least not compared to what GTA 3 could be!
And no, this Will probably not get Rockstars attention, as i have already tried with burnout paradise.. But if it did it would be awesome!
01-31-2010, 02:18 PM
im pretty sure your sig is out of date.....

but this will never happen
01-31-2010, 02:22 PM
gta 3 would be very cool on our iPhone..but i think that we'll never see it.
i'm happy enough wth my portable version that is chinatown wars

i'm playing:Labyrinth 2,Cobra Command,Doodle Jump,Dr. Nano x,Sword of Fargoal.
Labyrinth 2 ID A4KJ6QLB
Betatested: Superfall(Craneballs Studios)
Dr.Nano X (Mission Critical Studios)
01-31-2010, 02:26 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to swishinj
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldglover411 View Post
im pretty sure your sig is out of date.....

but this will never happen
ya lol livefire/killtest

You won't find me on the leaderboards.
01-31-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frej444 View Post
GTA 3 for the iPhone would be awesome, Gangstar is okay.. But it's not a very good game, at least not compared to what GTA 3 could be!
And no, this Will probably not get Rockstars attention, as i have already tried with burnout paradise.. But if it did it would be awesome!
Gangstar is fun when you play missions. For some reason, I don't have fun roaming around the city. I don't know why I don't, I just don't. It doesn't give me the GTA feel. However, GTA Chinatown Wars has a better story and better missions. And for some reason, I actually have fun roaming around the city unlike Gangstar. It gives me the GTA feel.
01-31-2010, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qasim View Post
Gangstar is fun when you play missions. For some reason, I don't have fun roaming around the city. I don't know why I don't, I just don't. It doesn't give me the GTA feel. However, GTA Chinatown Wars has a better story and better missions. And for some reason, I actually have fun roaming around the city unlike Gangstar. It gives me the GTA feel.
Very true. Rockstar is great at making the city come alive. No other dev has done this yet, and we probably won't see another one for a while.

First game in progress...