★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Roo Games
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 22.5 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 3.6 (5)
App description: Now permanently priced at tier1!

-----------------------------------------

Terracore Adventures

Enter the world of Terracore and play as a mining mole as you take on an epic quest to dig for the fabled Terracore Gem!

Game Features:

* Easy to play! Move your treasure hunter using touch controls.
* Explore the deep underground to find treasure and fortune!
* Collect metal to upgrade your digging equipment so your treasure hunter can dig deeper, faster and for longer periods of time!
* Post your best dig scores onto leaderboards!
* Progress through 4 different mining Ranks, unlock 12 challenging achievement Medals and find all the rare Artefacts!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

02-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. A true hidden gem.

02-01-2010, 08:32 AM
So, you dig underground to find gems and jewels, using a variety of tools and such, before your air runs out? Awesome. Anyone TOFTT?

OMG. Double Rainbow!
User ID: Gryphon23 Agon: Gman23
"Birthday Cake, is just Birthday Cake without a little gravy..." Gravy makes EVERYTHING better.
02-01-2010, 09:00 AM
Game Impressions

I've been playing this for a while now and I thought it was really entertaining.

Yes, basically you are digging in various layers of soil hunting for metal and gems. You only have a limited air supply so you need to watch your air level carefully; fortunately, you can find air pockets as you're digging to give you a few more precious seconds. If you run out of air, you don't die but you do have to be "rescued" and will lose all the metal and gems you've gathered in your current dig.

The controls are a 'lure' style and the digging character will follow your finger around the screen. You can also tap to set dynamite and blow up rocks. I never had any issue with the controls.

As you dig, you'll gather metal which you can use in the shop to upgrade your air supply, digging speed, underground radar, and dynamite blast radius. Also, you'll be digging downward into several different soil types each with their own properties. Some soils are harder to dig through, have no air pockets, or don't allow you to use dynamite.

One thing you do find of immense help are 4 special digging machines that you can pay to take you down to the deeper soil layers and pay to take you back up again. This is definitely worthwhile as it save you a lot of time digging just to get to the deepest layers...just make sure you have enough metal to pay to get back up to the surface.

There are achievements to unlock including finding the fabled Terracore gem. Once you've found the gem, you're not done as you'll need to keep digging to get additional achievements and 'secret' mining upgrades.

Overall, I found it to be a fun game as you're trying to balance your available air supply with wanting to go for more gems and metal to pay for than next upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
02-01-2010, 09:00 AM
Kinda sounds like I dig it.....
I'm a sucker for games like that. I might pick it up after school.

Funny Videos! My Youtube Channel
Check it out!
Proud Beta Tester of- The Infinity Project and Mission Europa
Fav. Games on PS3- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Portal, HalfLife2, Uncharted 2
02-01-2010, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelScott View Post
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. A true hidden gem.
Have you played this? I think it looks great but would like some detailed impressions from you since you called it a hidden gem. I would like to know the reasons why you said that in a single sentence. Then I will consider giving it a try.

FYI: you harm the very devs you try to help by your blanket statements such as these. I am willing to give you a chance here to redeem yourself on a game that interests me. In case you haven't noticed people on TA look for deep reviews, not just one liners. One liners, well, make us suspicious. I look forward to your review.
02-01-2010, 09:35 AM
NEG, please don't get him started. He likes -ville games too.

Btw game looks interesting. Thanks for the review Devilishly Good.
02-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Video deleted.

Last edited by Squeaker; 02-01-2010 at 10:03 AM.
02-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
NEG, please don't get him started. He likes -ville games too.

Yeah, his recommendations are not of high quality.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
This gives a better idea of the gameplay:

YouTube: video
Why? My video in the OP not good enough