App description: Make your mech battle like a kung-fu master! A top hit in over 20 countries, Battle for Cydonia has had over 1 million downloads!

The year is 2360, the battleground is Mars, and the war is between two factions competing for the right to colonize the red planet. Fighting for the resistance, you command the Datalus-5 - a mech capable of unprecedented agility and outfitted with a growing array of devastating weapons.

Innovative touch responses puts you in control of the Datalus-5. Draw a path and watch your weapon of war follow your orders. Firing on multiple enemies? No problem. Using multi-touch, tap on multiple foes and aim your fire in multiple directions. Even drag your finger across the screen to lay down a sheet of covering fire. Whatever it takes to defeat your enemy.

Crisp visual effects from lasers, missiles and other weapons combine with clear sound effects and a roaring sound track to made Battle for Cydonia an instant hit. Whether youre new to gaming or a seasoned vet Battle for Cydonia will challenge and impress you.

Reviews:
John Woo meets MechWarrior Battle for Cydonia does a great job in keeping its Mech combat fresh...huge range of interesting weapons and items to unlock..engaging mission objectives... a staple on our devices for a while to come. - TouchArcade.com

Finally a step away from the dreaded V-Pad! The interface in Battle of Cydonia is a mix of shooter and flight-control like mechanics that work amazingly well. - TouchMyApps.com

Ambidextrous Metal Carnage!! Put simply, Battle for Cydonia rocks. - NoDPad.com

Battle for Cydonia will provide you with an unrelenting challenge while making you and your mech look like a kung-fu master. - AppSpy.com

Sound effects are amazing, including machine gun like artillery, fiery blasts, coupled with a hard pounding guitar rock soundtrack that enhances the action. - AppSafari.com

Features:
Multiple weapon configurations arm yourself for each battle.
Fully customize your mech with upgrades for armor, weapons and more!
Slamming sound track or listen to your own music
Outlast your friends in Survival Mode.
Open Feint integration with global leaderboards and achievements.

Check out out other hit games by Brisk Mobile at www.BriskMobile.com and follow us on Twitter @BriskMobile !

goiMot's comments:


02-01-2010, 02:35 PM
#2
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: omaha, ne
Posts: 1,390
grabbed, love the animations, and the dual targeting capability. love mech games, so i'm sure i'll be enjoying this once i play a bit longer (at work now).

02-01-2010, 02:40 PM
#3
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,877
This seems to have the core story that is missing in Heavy Mach 2 -- downloading now.
02-01-2010, 02:40 PM
#4
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,618
Quote:
grabbed, love the animations, and the dual targeting capability. love mech games, so i'm sure i'll be enjoying this once i play a bit longer (at work now).
Got it as well. Will play at lunch time and post impressions later on. I'm sure people will be all over this one in minutes.

Edit. At the risk of being fired for playing games at work I fired this baby up and played 2 minutes of the campaign. The graphics are amazing. I'd go so far as to say its better than Heavy Mach 2. Explosions look great and multitouch gameplay means you can shoot at multiple targets simultaneously. So far I'm loving it. Not sure how long the sale will last but it looks like a steal at $0.99. More impressions after lunch.

Last edited by eugekava; 02-01-2010 at 02:50 PM.
02-01-2010, 04:09 PM
#5
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugekava View Post
Got it as well. Will play at lunch time and post impressions later on. I'm sure people will be all over this one in minutes.

Edit. At the risk of being fired for playing games at work I fired this baby up and played 2 minutes of the campaign. The graphics are amazing. I'd go so far as to say its better than Heavy Mach 2. Explosions look great and multitouch gameplay means you can shoot at multiple targets simultaneously. So far I'm loving it. Not sure how long the sale will last but it looks like a steal at $0.99. More impressions after lunch.
I can't disagree. Heavy Mach 2 has those incredible backgrounds, but I love the small details here -- how the ship that drops you off turns it's engines around like a Harrier Jet as it lands, for example.
02-01-2010, 04:40 PM
#6
What about the gameplay and content compared to Heavy Mach 2 ? I don't have either but I would like to pick one. Also: autosave? play own music?
02-01-2010, 04:45 PM
#7
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: omaha, ne
Posts: 1,390
i wouldn't say one is better than the other honestly. i think both have great graphics, and fun gameplay. if you like mechcommander you'll want to get both games, especially since they're 0.99 each (if they still are i mean).
02-01-2010, 04:53 PM
#8
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloepar1 View Post
What about the gameplay and content compared to Heavy Mach 2 ? I don't have either but I would like to pick one. Also: autosave? play own music?
I like Heavy Mach 2 quite a bit. But I just finished the first mission of 2360, and it just kicked HM2's ass. It has an actual storyline -- in the first mission you gather the resources to build a base; once the base is built, you can buy upgrades, etc. The enemies are much more aggressive, and combat is more fun. You can play your own music (just start it up and fire up the game; sound effects are maintained). It also auto-saves to the exact spot you left off

Heavy Mach 2 is a worthwhile game, too, but for .99 you can't go wrong with 2360.
02-01-2010, 05:39 PM
#9
I don't know, the gameplay in the video looked really slow? As if everything was moving in slow motion...except for bullets... The guy gets hit with every single one of them... Does this not put anyone else off? Or am I missing something?
02-01-2010, 05:47 PM
#10
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Salem, Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 10,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I don't know, the gameplay in the video looked really slow? As if everything was moving in slow motion...except for bullets... The guy gets hit with every single one of them... Does this not put anyone else off? Or am I missing something?
Actual gameplay moves quite a bit faster than the video -- that's the problem with capturing directly from a PC/Mac, unfortunately. It gets very hectic once enemies start swarming.