Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-01-2010, 02:07 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default 2360: Battle for Cydonia (free for a day)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by goiMot; 02-02-2010 at 12:46 AM..
Old 02-01-2010, 02:35 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

grabbed, love the animations, and the dual targeting capability. love mech games, so i'm sure i'll be enjoying this once i play a bit longer (at work now).
Old 02-01-2010, 02:40 PM

This seems to have the core story that is missing in Heavy Mach 2 -- downloading now.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:40 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
grabbed, love the animations, and the dual targeting capability. love mech games, so i'm sure i'll be enjoying this once i play a bit longer (at work now).
Got it as well. Will play at lunch time and post impressions later on. I'm sure people will be all over this one in minutes.

Edit. At the risk of being fired for playing games at work I fired this baby up and played 2 minutes of the campaign. The graphics are amazing. I'd go so far as to say its better than Heavy Mach 2. Explosions look great and multitouch gameplay means you can shoot at multiple targets simultaneously. So far I'm loving it. Not sure how long the sale will last but it looks like a steal at $0.99. More impressions after lunch.

Last edited by eugekava; 02-01-2010 at 02:50 PM..
Old 02-01-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugekava View Post
Got it as well. Will play at lunch time and post impressions later on. I'm sure people will be all over this one in minutes.

Edit. At the risk of being fired for playing games at work I fired this baby up and played 2 minutes of the campaign. The graphics are amazing. I'd go so far as to say its better than Heavy Mach 2. Explosions look great and multitouch gameplay means you can shoot at multiple targets simultaneously. So far I'm loving it. Not sure how long the sale will last but it looks like a steal at $0.99. More impressions after lunch.
I can't disagree. Heavy Mach 2 has those incredible backgrounds, but I love the small details here -- how the ship that drops you off turns it's engines around like a Harrier Jet as it lands, for example.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:40 PM

What about the gameplay and content compared to Heavy Mach 2 ? I don't have either but I would like to pick one. Also: autosave? play own music?
Old 02-01-2010, 04:45 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

i wouldn't say one is better than the other honestly. i think both have great graphics, and fun gameplay. if you like mechcommander you'll want to get both games, especially since they're 0.99 each (if they still are i mean).
Old 02-01-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloepar1 View Post
What about the gameplay and content compared to Heavy Mach 2 ? I don't have either but I would like to pick one. Also: autosave? play own music?
I like Heavy Mach 2 quite a bit. But I just finished the first mission of 2360, and it just kicked HM2's ass. It has an actual storyline -- in the first mission you gather the resources to build a base; once the base is built, you can buy upgrades, etc. The enemies are much more aggressive, and combat is more fun. You can play your own music (just start it up and fire up the game; sound effects are maintained). It also auto-saves to the exact spot you left off

Heavy Mach 2 is a worthwhile game, too, but for .99 you can't go wrong with 2360.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:39 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I don't know, the gameplay in the video looked really slow? As if everything was moving in slow motion...except for bullets... The guy gets hit with every single one of them... Does this not put anyone else off? Or am I missing something?
Old 02-01-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I don't know, the gameplay in the video looked really slow? As if everything was moving in slow motion...except for bullets... The guy gets hit with every single one of them... Does this not put anyone else off? Or am I missing something?
Actual gameplay moves quite a bit faster than the video -- that's the problem with capturing directly from a PC/Mac, unfortunately. It gets very hectic once enemies start swarming.