★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Gate Runner - now available ($0.99)

02-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Gate Runner - now free!

Please check out our latest retro title - Gate Runner which was approved today.

Navigate your craft through a series of gates to complete each 'run'.

Sounds Simple?

With each new run the speed increases making it more frantic than the last. Fast paced gameplay encased in jaw-dropping 3D graphics.

- Simple 'anyone' can play controls
- 15 levels with 3 difficulties bringing a 45 level challenge.
- Original music I composed specially for this.
- Amazing realtime 3D graphics.

I am currently finalising v1.1 update which should be submitted to Apple in the next few days, with more levels and extra features... should be a good update.

Last edited by fallingbrickwork; 04-12-2010 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Game Price Change
02-01-2010, 07:07 PM

02-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Welcome to TA. Gate Runner looks really cool.
02-28-2010, 11:34 AM
now 99 cents

Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
03-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Just picked this up and am looking forward to playing once my device finishes charging.

Are there online leaderboards, or plans to add same?

Thanks in advance for any info.
03-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Bought for a buck. Downloading now. Will play after I sync and give quick comments. As long as the controls are good, I can't see how I won't like this and feel it worth my dollar.
03-10-2010, 12:27 AM
Feeling really mixed about this. The game looks great. The controls work well enough. You fly through rings in space, so the concept is simple enough. What I don't care for is that the courses are static and you always start over at level 1. I was expecting something more along the lines of cyberrunner in space - that is, I thought there would be random courses generated on the fly. There's nothing wrong with static courses, bt it's not what I expected.

I would love to see tilt-controls added to this, as well as an option to invert up/down in the virtual joystick controller. I've been pushing forward to go down
for 25 years of gaming, so please give me the option to do the same here. Along those lines, it would probably be helpful to some if you could switch the controller and the brake. They work fine for me where they are, but I'm sure others would like the option.

I don't feel like my purchase was a waste, but having a random track option and a way to choose startinglevels would add immensely to this beautiful game.
03-10-2010, 05:32 AM
I didn't fell in love. It just didn't get me. And there are many games of that kind which I really love to play. But this just isn't it. Erased it after a couple of rounds... it's done well, really. But it's missing the one unknown spicy ingredient which makes me fall in love with the taste.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
04-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Currently Free!