Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-01-2010, 08:01 PM

Default Vector Tanks (Classic) updated

Hello,

Just wanted to point out that an updated version of my app Vector Tanks, previously published by Chillingo, just went live today on the App Store, now published under my own company.

The cost is now $.99 (previously was $2.99)

You are in command of a futuristic tank amid a surreal 3D battlefield. Enemy tanks are everywhere. Survival seems impossible! Your mission: Take out as many enemy targets as you can before you are destroyed...

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vector-tanks-classic-version/id349445059?mt=8

What's new in this version:

- New enemy tank added! The H6 "Heavy Sixer". Capable of driving directly over obstacles and having a fully turret-mounted cannon, this is a much more deadly foe than the regular tanks!

- Big fixes in responsiveness of the controls!

- Removed in-game music

- Now publishing the game directly through my own game company, BlipTime Studios (tm)

- Price reduction to $.99 (was $2.99)

- Rebranded as Vector Tanks Classic

I am splitting the Vector Tanks game into 2 slightly different versions: "Vector Tanks Classic" (this game), which reflects the retro-simplicity of the original game, and the upcoming "Vector Tanks EXTREME!", which is a Vector Tanks experience WAY over the top for those seeking a bit more of a challenge. Are you ready? Prepare for a bloodbath! :-)

I expect Vector Tanks EXTREME to be released alongside Vector Tanks Classic within the next month and features the professional voice talents of Jon St. John and Jeff Straub! Boom baby!

For those that have purchased the Chillingo version of Vector Tanks, I apologize that there isn't a way to upgrade. I worked with Apple to try and establish and upgrade path for my current customers but the final answer from Apple was that once you change the account under which an app is published, it will always appear as a "new" app and upgrading is NOT possible. I sincerely apologize. I did try and I know it sort of stinks. My hope is that the reduced price will serve as a good-faith gesture to my current customers who wish to pick up this updated version of Vector Tanks.

HINT: I will most likely celebrate the release of Vector Tanks Extreme with a "free for 1 week" sale on Vector Tanks Classic, so if you bought Vector Tanks from Chillingo, this will be your chance to even the score.

Kind Regards,
Peter Hirschberg
BlipTime Studios
http://bliptimestudios.com
http://vectortanks.com
Old 02-01-2010, 08:04 PM

Default Vector Tanks

Forgot to mention -

Both Vector Tanks Classic and Vector Tanks Extreme will natively support the upcoming iPad device from Apple. I have Vector Tanks Extreme running already on the simulator (the hardware is not available yet) and it looks absolutely glowy gorgeous!!

Peter Hirschberg
Old 02-01-2010, 08:05 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to yourofl10

Cool!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:59 PM

Natively Support the Ipad with the current version released (or being released)?

Or are you working on new versions that will be a separate purchase?
Old 02-01-2010, 10:57 PM

Can I get a free upgrade or should I pay you once more?
Old 02-01-2010, 11:15 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
Can I get a free upgrade or should I pay you once more?
From OP; "HINT: I will most likely celebrate the release of Vector Tanks Extreme with a "free for 1 week" sale on Vector Tanks Classic, so if you bought Vector Tanks from Chillingo, this will be your chance to even the score. "
Old 02-01-2010, 11:18 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Thanks for letting us know, i have the chillingo version and will be BUYING the classic version again to show you some support, keep up the good work and good luck with the Extreme version
Old 02-01-2010, 11:22 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
From OP; "HINT: I will most likely celebrate the release of Vector Tanks Extreme with a "free for 1 week" sale on Vector Tanks Classic, so if you bought Vector Tanks from Chillingo, this will be your chance to even the score. "
dang i should of waited. lol. o well
you said you would support the ipad.. sold me on it.. i plan on getting one.
chris.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:00 AM

Peter -

The pic shows two tanks comming at ya - does Vector Tanks Classic have multiple tanks at once attacking? The orig Vector Tanks (of which I am a proud owner) does not. Or is multiple attacking tanks reserved for the upcoming Extreme vesion?
Old 02-02-2010, 02:58 AM

Well, thanks for letting the old buyer knows his $$$ worth!

Anyway, if the EXTREME version is good, I am sure I am buying this too!